Iron Chef America!!! Vote

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The past 3 weeks the Japanese Iron Chefs have been screwed out of victory because the AMERICAN JUDGES can't tell a good meal from their @ss!!!

Next week Morimoto and Flay team up to battle Sakai and Batali and I'm thinking of not watching that ****.

I've been a huge fan of Japanese Iron Chef for almost 4 or 5 years now and I thought seeing some American Chefs battle the Japanese Chefs would be interesting but its turned into one big bore fest except watching the Japanese Chefs create their awesome cuisines. What they should have done was have 2 japanese critics and 2 american critics and then maybe the outcome would have been fair but from what I've seen its been total bullsh*t

Well I'm curious to see who else watches the Iron Chef either Japanese or American and I started a poll to see what everyone thinks of the new Iron Chef America.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they should have a mixed panel of jap judges and american judges... but i gotta say that bobby flay kicks some major ass

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see the jap one were american cheifs go and own them on iron cheif japan.

But ya mixed panel is best.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hate the ****ty american ones all they are is the japanese chefs making the vastly better meals and then the american chefs being whiney whiners who complain and complain till they get a rematch where they will or whine that its unfair

Best answers
Well im a long time fan of Iron Chef: Japanese, so naturally I watched the American version. I enjoyed it simply because it was more americanized, not that other cultures are bad, but I do enjoy mine more. Although it did seem like a complete rip of the original it was still good. I do also think that the judges sucked, shoulda been mixed. Even though Bobby flay has already proven to be good against morimoto on one of the japanese shows.

And Phobius, all of the iron chef americas have already aired for me, so ill just tell you who wins the team fight, its ***** and *****

Best answers
The Americans win every battle. The battles against the japanese iron chefs are a shameless attempt to legitimize the americans, who couldn't cook their way out of a wet paper bag, by fixing the outcomes. If the Americans are good enough to beat the japanese chefs, then obviously their show is worth watching, or so food channel hopes people will think. Its really insulting to the original and only true iron chefs, I wonder how much their being paid to sellout the reputation of their show. Wolfgang puck and the italian guy I respect, but Bobby Flay is a moron. Only in America could a "chef" whos every recipe is some sort of derivitive of corn get to become a tv personality.

Best answers
other nations did battle with japanese judges. Same issues could be said about same thing.

KyoKusanagi

K
I believe the challenger from Australia lost - not suprising since the Aussie way of cooking things is to burn it till its black then burn it some more and dump a litre of tomato sauce on it :D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason I watch Iron Chef is to get a glimpse into the higher-brow Japanese culinary masterpieces...I think that the fusion of French and Japanese, American and Japanese, Chinese and Japanese *gasps for air* and Italian and Japanese is really interesting to watch...

However, I didn't need an Iron Chef series that gave me another solid block of time in which to watch Bobby Flay....I'm sure he's a good chef, but I watch Iron Chef for something outside of purely North American cooking...as tasty as steak and potatoes is, I am interested in seeing more.

Besides, what good is Iron Chef without Chairman Kaga?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
japanese iron chef is way better, although the dubs are cheesy i like them, and u cannot do iron chef without the dude who bites into that huge pepper. and i need to hear
"FUKUSON!!"
"uh yes go"
"the iron chef is mixing miso with a slight hint of squid genetalia"

random actress "mmmm that sounds so good, ha ha ha ha"

KyoKusanagi

K
IROOOONNNNNNNNNNNN COOOOOKURU! :D

Miyuko Takata - she's awesome. :D

"Fukui-san"
"Yes, go ahead."
"What the Iron Troll is doing right now is putting heads into a pot.
They have to boil for twenty minutes, so the eyes can be used in the second dish, an Iron Raspberry Sorbet!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom