Invent-a-mod

Best answers
Hey guys!
There are many HL mods out there. I bet you think some of em are great (like ESF) but i bet you think that you can do so much better than some of them out there. So here's your chance to prove it! Invent-a-mod! Think up ur own mod for HL! Give it a theme (T.V show, manga, game, etc), a name, and tell us all about ur ideas for it! (what the maps will be, attack system, etc) So get those creative juices flowing and lets hear some ideas!

P.S. Just a question on the side. My post count doesn't seem to want to go up. Does anyone know why?

Best answers
POsting in some sections of the forum doesn't add to your post count. Now.. for my mod idea...

Name: Jhonen Vasquez Deathmatch (JVDM)
Theme: All things made by Jhonen Vasquez
Characters: Johnny The Homicidal Maniac, Squee, Devil, Invader Zim, G.I.R., Filler Bunny, Happy Noodle Boy, Mr. Eff, Nail Bunny, Pepito.. there's more that I can't think of right now
Maps: Johnny's House, Zim's School, Zim's Base, Jhonen Vasquez's house (except massive size.. to make it seem like the characters have all shrunk), Zim's Homeworld, Johnny's Neighborhood, Heaven and Hell, Squee's House, Alien Spaceship, Devil's House... I can think of more, but I think that's enough to start out with.
Attack System: All characters have melee and ranged weapons.. Johnny could have two knives for melee, and some throwing knives, his big gun... stuff like that. I have lots more ideas for it, but it'd basically be similar to ESF, except only G.I.R. could fly, and only for short periods of time, no one could teleport.. and the maps would be smaller. I could go on forever on this.. so I'll stop now. I hope someone actually makes this mod for HL2.. maybe I'll organize it or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**edited for inapropriate content**
**Cucumba**

Best answers
lol that is kinda sick.... **also edited for content**

Best answers
What did he post? Just pm me what it was don't post it here.

Hrm, a tech mod would be good, where you can control pieces of the level with computers and control panal :D.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A bruce lee or jackie chan mod where u get to kick bad guys arses.......... i'd find that fun

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about defender? The old game where you shoot down the missles coming from the sky.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lemmings damnit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jedi knight half life 2!

that would own with the physics

Best answers
omg Jedi Knight would be so fun with the half life physics!

JK2 sucked when they releasedthe 1.04 patch so I stopped playing... I like that idea a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LEIRO. That game fricking owns man. Has anyone played it? It's this classic 2d worm game where you sling around on ropes and throw different kinds of missiles/nukes/bombs/mines use all sorts of guns. Don't think it would make a good mod tho...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
A Super Smash brothers type mod with squaresoft characters. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scorcher2k said:
How about defender? The old game where you shoot down the missles coming from the sky.

That's missle command, defender is where you have to save humans from being abducted by aliens.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A Super Smash brothers type mod with squaresoft characters.
Yea, sounds hella fun. But even better, A Super Smash bro's game with DBZ Chars. (Goku) as a secret char or something. I think that would be bad ass.

Best answers
Im waiting on a decent HL mod with vehicles, like tribes 2 or Halo.

And yes Im well aware Halo is coming to PC in a few months so dont waste yer spam points.

Best answers
hehe, a halflife rpg -- Final Fantasy style!
wots more, ive already started making it!
Me and Cold Steel have written the story, invented all the characters, weapons and magic thats going to be used, we're doing concept art at the moment, and ive already started mapping for it :)
If u guys want more info, pm me, or catch me on aim, msn or icq

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
w00t! half life RPG! l33t!

my ultimate idea for a hl2 mod is....

metal gear half life! (mghl)

c'mon! who wouldnt like it, metal gear solid in half life 2, model a few characters and weapons, code so you can crouch againsts walls, crawl, hang, ect, and make a single player where the enemys are all soldiers, wouldnt you think that would rock? multiplayer would be funky, make a jungle map, no radar, sneaking around hanging off trees, seeing them, whipping out ya socom and popping them in the head, you would have 2 teams, the stealthy people, (snake, grey fox, raiden, olga) and the mercs (grunts, solidus, vamp, ect) each would have there seperate skills, so:

snake would be an all rounder, moderate stealth and medium firepower
raiden would be high stealth, low firepower
grey fox would be medium for most, but lacks firepower but gets stealth box as a bonus

the grunts would be the all rounders for the evil team, so good firepower and good tactical skills.
solidus would have lots of firepower but no tactical skills,
vamp would have medium all, but low tectical skills, but gets regeneration.

you get the point, would be amazing, i would love it at least ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
name - rockman the return

maps - well just use the enemy lvls

characters - megaman, protoman, cutsman, quickman, fireman, gutsman, bombman, geminiman, shadowman

basically it would run sort of like TFC.
megaman/protoman - soldier type
quickman - scout
shadowman - spy
bombman - demoguy
gutsman - hvywpn
fireman - flamer
cutsman - enginear
geminiman - sniper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom