Internet question

Force Pit Member
Best answers
OK so here it is, since im dedicating a server (using hlds) and my upload speed is too weak for a decent amount of players without lags I want to ask if its possible to upgrade your upload speed without upgrading your download speed so it will cost cheaper since I don't MUST have a faster download speed..

So is this possible? Certain ISPs, need to know everything and I do mean everything, thanks.

Administrator
Best answers
Truly, I haven´t seen any internet provider doing so. If you wish to have a better and faster upload rate, you most likely have to upgrade your whole package, which also enhances your download speed.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Damn, maybe theres special deals? Did anyone of you got into that?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never heard of special deals for regular non business costumers.
They are pretty strict.

if you want a higher upload speed, I'm afraid you'll have to up your bandwidth by getting a better package.
You could also rent a game server.

Administrator
Best answers
Indeed, servers are cheap these days. And I think especially for Half-Life 1

Force Pit Member
Best answers
very cheap, I surely think paying 30$ per month for something not so necessary is very cheap... Or do you mean like cheap, 5$ cheap?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Depending on how much slots you wish to have. I think it is like, 3 dollars a slot for public, and 2 for private usage? I don´t know. Depends where you want to get the server from.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Private means that the server is always locked, so public people cannot join without a password. As long you choose a private server, you are not allowed to remove the password.

https://www.gameservers.com/order/step2.php?game=18&step1.x=17&step1.y=7

99 cents a slot. (private).. thats HL: Team Fortress, but you should be able to change it to any mod easily as its being on hl 1.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
hmm thats 15 dollars, not cheap...

Maybe 1 of you knows if there is a game server supplier that gives like first week free try or something like that?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
expensive indeed

unschooled, you'd need to work just over a hour each month to afford it.
but yeah that's in the Netherlands.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I cant possibly work a full year while at school, and I don't think renting a server is much of a smart choice to throw my money that I earn now... thanks for the help though

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
15 dollars? Not cheat? That´s like, cheap for a 15 slot server honestly.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It is relative, if you got a permanent money source which ables you to afford it, and its important enough for you, its possible, I won't have a job in the middle of the year and the job I have now is to save money for a PC im thinking of buying..

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Truthfully, if you are able to afford an ¨upgrade¨ that you had planned to only update your upload rate, then you are able to afford a server. Why do you think the download speed is mostly faster than your upload rate? Because upload is more expensive. Thus, even if it was possible to ¨upgrade¨ your upload rate only, it would be way more than 15 dollars. So once again, how were you planned to afford an upgrade (if it was possible), if you can´t even afford more than 15 dollars a month?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Because if im upgrading my internet, my parents are paying for it, since they already paying for the internet, im still at school. I need to check what is the best deal I can get. And I won't ask my parents to buy me a server of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom