Inspirations ;)

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Maybe this video will inspire some ideas for ESF 1.3.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrYUUVmXhJ4&feature=related[/ame]

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seriosly dude esf looks beter then that

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'd say that HLFX has better shadows and reflections. And if you go on youtube and watch some videos of this in HQ you will see it has pretty cool texture details.

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
with the difference that this is a singleplayer mod and esf is a multiplayer mod
-> singleplayer = no VAC problems
-> multiplayer = VAC problems.
for shadow effects like this we would have to hack the engine in a way which gets detected as a cheat by VAC -> VAC BAN for every esf player

and thats the problem we have in esf, we are pushing the fx to the limits with the VAC handicap

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
What about the lens flare for the sun or for energy blasts when you charge them.
For example looking at Goku at a distance when he charges up his Kamehameha or something like that.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about the lens flare for the sun or for energy blasts when you charge them.
For example looking at Goku at a distance when he charges up his Kamehameha or something like that.

what about 32 Goku players charging it up, don't u think that would be a lil too much blending and brightness ?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe, coders do have a point. They tend to think ahead before the waste hours of their day developing stuff.. hehe.

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
hehe, coders do have a point. They tend to think ahead before the waste hours of their day developing stuff.. hehe.
you are using a vocabulary, which im not understanding...what does "think" mean? XD

and about things like "lens flare"...we dont have lenses in esf( scouter doesnt count ), so why should we have a lens flare?

Best answers
I think what he's implying with that video is that Frieza's and Piccolo's lasers need decapitation and explosion properties added to them.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Explosions maybe, but decapitations for a lazer?

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
you are using a vocabulary, which im not understanding...what does "think" mean? XD

and about things like "lens flare"...we dont have lenses in esf( scouter doesnt count ), so why should we have a lens flare?
I wasn't referring to add lens flare to a sniper lens or something like that cos i know that esf doesn't have guns :p
I was thinking to add the lens flare to the sun.
Something like this:
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/lensflare/lens-flare-tut-shot1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom