Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
http://www.ingress.com/

*****Ingress is a closed-beta right now. Request an invite at http://www.ingress.com*****
Ingress transforms the real world into the landscape for a global game of mystery, intrigue, and competition.
Our future is at stake. And you must choose a side.

A mysterious energy has been unearthed by a team of scientists in Europe. The origin and purpose of this force is unknown, but some researchers believe it is influencing the way we think. We must control it or it will control us.

“The Enlightened” seek to embrace the power that this energy may bestow upon us.
“The Resistance” struggle to defend, and protect what’s left of our humanity.

Install Ingress and transform your world.

The World is the Game
Move through the real world using your Android device and the Ingress app to discover and tap sources of this mysterious energy. Acquire objects to aid in your quest, deploy tech to capture territory, and ally with other players to advance the cause of the Enlightened or the Resistance.

Strategy
The struggle is being played out globally. Track the progress of players around the world, plan your next steps, and communicate with others using an Intelligence map.

What is the Niantic Project?
Is this just a game? An Investigation Board (http://www.nianticproject.com) filled with cryptic clues and secret codes awaits. The story evolves everyday. Powerful secrets and game tech are there to be unlocked.

Form Alliances
The struggle to save the planet spans the entire world. Groups of people acting together can be more effective than individuals acting alone. Cooperation across neighborhoods, cities, and countries will be needed to achieve the ultimate victory.
NOTE: This app is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
Pretty interesting game, playing it myself. While it is in closed-beta, I received a key within 15min. If that's not the case for you, I have 5 invites I can send out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I took the first link, didn't work of course.

googled and found it. I requested an invite code. I'm gonna check it out of they send one.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fixed the link

I'm guessing you play this by walking around your home town and scanning stuff or something?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Fixed the link

I'm guessing you play this by walking around your home town and scanning stuff or something?
The scanning is done automated, but yea. You walk around and you'll see 3 types of portals nearby. One of them is unassigned (in gray), and the other 2 are either already taken over by the resistance or the enlightenment.

The goal of this game is to take as many portals as possible, and link them to each other to make create mind units.

mind users.png

Linking an area will look like this:

The more portals you link successfully to each other (in a symbol form like a square, etc) the more control your entire team gets.

Each portal can be filled with resonators:

The higher a resonator in a portal, the longer your portal can be linked to another portal. See the top right, as you can see the current linking distance to another is 390 meters. You'll start of as lv 1 (obviously) and the more portals you'll hack, the more items you get.. With example:

You can hack either party's portals nearby with a limit of 300 seconds (5min) per hack with a max of 4 hacks per 4 hours. The XMP busters can be used to attack other portals where you stand, and an "emp" field is being fired damaging the resonators near a portal. Once all of them has been destroyed, it'll turn gray so you can place a resonator to make it your own.

Portal keys are required to link portals to others of which can be done by hacking them. If you do gain a portal key, you get the key of that specific portal you hacked:

It's also important to know you can't just take over portals in wild because resonators do take damage (regardless of being attacked or not) for I believe 15% daily.

Luckily, if you have a portal key of that portal, you can recharge it on a distance. The more distance between you and the portal though, the less it'll charge. But for charging, hacks, resonators, etc, you require of which I believe is called XMP. You can charge you your XMP by either use items that you gained by hacking or by getting close to those small blue dots in the first screenshot. They are all over the place.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I got 8 invites for anyone who is interested in this game, PM me your Google Play E-mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom