Ingame Sprays

Best answers
I can't get my spray to work. I went into the esf config and binded it. Used my decal converter, and when i go into the game and try to use the spray, i get a little yellow box up at the top left corner (can't get a screen shot). Also if I instail the spray im using in trc or cs, it will spray a default spray. does anyone know what im doing wrong?:cry: :cry:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
is this spray made by u ? if soo i think i can help u but need info 1st. but if the spray is not made by u try this just go to consol wen in game and type bind any key u whant then "impulse 201" let's say it's T u bind it wood look like this
bind t "impulse 201" but let me know if u made the spray u may have made it wrong

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
download a spriteconverter ... the rules for size and resolution and blah are in ...
convert into a *.wad file ... rename it to pldecal.wad and put it into your modfolder ... press spraybutton (default T) and stand in front of a wall ...
then be surprised and kiss my feets ;)
PS: welcome to the ESF forums

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
right chances are the size isnt right

dl a wad program like wally that will automate this and make it go a whooooole lot faster

Best answers
u could download something like wally to convert ur pic to a wad and then do that impulse 201 thing

offtopic- hey orez nice invader zim stuf :D (seemed to have started a slight zim crazy lately heh...well not really..)

Best answers
Ok i have decal converter which changes it to pldecal.wad I made the spray my self and i made the background blue and selected it to replace that color, and the program has an auto size. I also went into the esf config's and binded the impulse 201. I did all this before posting my cry for help :cry:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm having a similar problem. I downloaded a custom spray that meets the pixel requirements and overwrote the basic spray in my ESF folder, and no go. We're missing something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Size For Best Quality Pics In-Game: 128x64 & 64x128

http://www.edit-strike.nl ~ Spray Manager for easy spray storage and use, comes preloaded with what seems like 1000 sprays.

DON'T USE HALF-LIFE LOGO CREATOR IF YOU PLAN ON MAKING DECENT SPRAYS ~ IT SUCKS THE BIG ONE, DO IT MANUALLY

A small tutorial, the first I ever found was @ http://www.cyber-rat.com

It's the website for all the RATS maps as well, the creator's website. I didn't understand the tutorial cuz i was uber n00b so the guy helped me HIMSELF, CHRIS YOU F**CKEN r0x man thanks for gettin' me started!

Best answers
wally is the best program to use and the key thing to remember is:

once u replace the pldecal.wad do not go into customize in the menu[b/]

other wise it resets to crap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smart people make the PLDecal.wad read only so it doesn't matter if they go into the CUSTOMIZE menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom