Inception!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WOW.

I thought originality had long since expired, but once again, Christopher Nolan has proven me wrong! In an age where every plot has been done to death, to the point where now everyone just re-releases older films, with updated CGI or better graphics, or footage to cater for a more modernised audience. Thing that kept going through my head with this film, was "Matrix, Matrix, Matrix, this is the ****ing Matrix of this decade, and I'm ****ing loving it!". I hope other directors and writers follow in his footsteps, and hard as it may be, they try to release more thrillers of this caliber. Di Caprio as always, brilliant performance, as it is with the rest of the cast. Di Caprio seems blessed with film roles, just as Brad Pitt and to some extent, Depp, Freeman and Spacey are.
Anyways, I'll be slightly pissed if this doesn't take all the major awards next year, and will feel as hard-done by as I did when crap like Hangover got through, but pure genius like Black Dynamite didn't.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****ing ****. It has 9.6 on IMDB. I will watch this at the theaters. Yes I will.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****ing ****. It has 9.6 on IMDB. I will watch this at the theaters. Yes I will.
Rotten Tomatoes had it at a 96%. it WAS at a 100% for a while on there too.

Inception was ****ing -AMAZING-.

Not going to lie, probably one of my, if not my favorite movie of all time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it maintains its 9.6 approximately, it'll be the best movie on IMDB. That's quite an achievement.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rank Rating Title Votes
1. 9.1 The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 499,964
2. 9.1 The Godfather (1972) 398,546
3. 9.0 The Godfather: Part II (1974) 236,687
4. 8.9 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) 153,162
5. 8.9 Pulp Fiction (1994) 404,658

I don't see Inception with a 9.6 there? It probably hasn't gotten 400,000 votes yet. So I would hardly call it "The best movie" according to IMDB.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was absolutely incredible. I thought I couldn't like Christopher Nolan or Leonardo DiCaprio anymore, but after that, yes.... yes i can. It was a near flawless film.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it maintains its 9.6 approximately, it'll be the best movie on IMDB.
This is what I wrote. Notice the "if". It currently has a 9.3, though, so it's dropping. Will probably stabilize at roughly 9, maybe a little below.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can anyone tell me what this is about? All I've seen on this movie is a poster, lol. It was a very spiffy poster though.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
[video=youtube;z75o-F6ja2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75o-F6ja2I"[/video].
In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a single idea within one's mind can be the most dangerous weapon or the most valuable asset.
Looks like a high tech thriller, focusing on the subconscious mind with dreams. The somehow create ideas in peoples dreams and weird sheeeeyat happens. Its seems worth a look.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
i hope this movie isn't next avatar... i went to see it becouse of super high rank on imdb after premiere.
From that day I don't trust imdb voters anymore.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanted to see this the first time I saw the trailer in theatres. I can enjoy CGI fests and I think it's unfair for film critics to blow off all the talented CG work that animators, programmers, and other artists work on. Oh wow the plot isn't ****ing Citizen Kane and the characters aren't believable, but maybe if the critic took in to account what the movie was aiming for (I believe Rogert Ebert does it this way), they wouldn't pass off a movie like 2012 as a "CGI mess".

But Inception seems like it hits the sweetspot. A thriller with an intriguing plot, talented character AND awesome special effects. I can't wait to see it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree there could be more character development, but I don't beleive it was necessary. The film was more focused on Leo's character and the actual dream extraction/inception, and they go into him plenty and did a great job of getting the inception concept across to the viewer without making your head explode. I do agree it's getting over-hyped like none other, it always happens, but with this particular film, it doesn't bother me as much :D.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a solidly entertaining movie. One of the few where the special effects actually brought something other than eye candy into the movie too. I do think the movie would have done better if it were three hours or longer, because I didn't get quite as much out of the run-and-gun explanations of some of the movie's concepts like "limbo" and subconscious projections. The movie was a little bit heavier on action than I would have cared for, but the little exposition they managed to find room for was entertaining and easy enough to follow. Four and a half Sonic Rings.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
heres the trailer if you didnt see it yet
[video=youtube;-IWbZivItxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IWbZivItxU[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome film, Nolan is definitely establishing himself as one of the greats, though I hope he eventually makes something beyond his theme of "personal feelings are the enemy". Nothing wrong with having a certain style, only that Nolan's intense "film-noir in the daytime" style sometimes wears on me. Doesn't make it any less of a great movie though.

Oh, and OP? Why would you hate "The Hangover"? That's just about the best pure comedy film since Superbad and Knocked Up, possibly a little better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I laughed twice in all of The Hangover. It's basically a string of cheap jokes. But hey, some people think that's amazing (most). Some people don't.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just went to see Inception last night, and I found in thoroughly entertaining, boasting a fairly original idea (which is something that I must see in a film these days). There were one or two things that, afterward, I think the film either glossed over or covered poorly, but, on the whole, I think it did a great job of introducing and running with the whole extraction/inception concept.

I'd watch it again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw it last Friday, fantastic film. It didn't feel overly cheesy - though I have to say I thought the plot was a bit predictable (still very entertaining, though). Fantastic presentation.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty lame movie... it's just existenz / matrix taking itself to seriously.

It's complex because of the layers lawl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom