I'm new at mapping...

Best answers
I just finished my first map, and it runs on ESF and everything, but it has some problems.

My character is pushed slightly away from every surface on the game, which makes it impossible to get into some of the nooks and crannies I made. How come it does that?

Another thing is that there is no background. Now, my map is like a box with some holes in it so you can get outside the box, kind of like a bee hive. So when you go outside the box, it confuses the game and the background get's all crazy. How do you add a texture or an image for a background?

Also, and I haven't tested this, I don't think there's any limit to how far out from the box you can fly. How do you put invisible boundries around your level?

Oh and by the way, the program I'm using is Valve Hammer Editor. Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, my character starts waist deep in the ground and the only way out is to teleport. How do I fix that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grim means your "info_good_start" or "info_evil_start" or info_player_start, just make them like a grid block above the ground, oh and for the other thing about character being able to fly out of map, make a skybox, read those tutorials grim linked you or just read quick:

make a block brush around your map, but it should touch your ground, otherwise they can go under the ground, then make the brsh hollow, at one of the menus ontop at hammer, then choose a texture and browse, type in "sky" without " and click on that one that is there for your texture, then that's your skybox.

well sorry if the info was useless, but I tried, just read those tuts if you don't understand. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom