im king kong help!

Best answers
hi i downloaded your map master roshis island and its not working I NEED HELP!!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you started ESF and you are in the Menu.
You click on Configuration/Setup and choose the Tab where is on the Right lower side, for extra Settings.
There you see then an [x] thinggy by 24-Bit Textures.
Click that to disable that.

Best answers
SSJGoku83 said:
When you started ESF and you are in the Menu.
You click on Configuration/Setup and choose the Tab where is on the Right lower side, for extra Settings.
There you see then an [x] thinggy by 24-Bit Textures.
Click that to disable that.
so do i have to uninstall esf?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no

Just go to settings click on the advanced button and disable 24-bit textures.

Oh and BTW its ImKongKong not ImKingKong

Best answers
Grega said:
no

Just go to settings click on the advanced button and disable 24-bit textures.

Oh and BTW its ImKongKong not ImKingKong
still dosent work

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hmm.. by saying "it doesn't work" what exactly do you mean? The game crashes upon loading the map or you just can't go to the map in general? Or perhaps it's something else? Please be more specific.

Best answers
Zymeth said:
Hmm.. by saying "it doesn't work" what exactly do you mean? The game crashes upon loading the map or you just can't go to the map in general? Or perhaps it's something else? Please be more specific.
i mean by that the map isnt in my map selection

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you extract the map. And placed all the files into the correct directory?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm kingkong, good one, I think you must of forgotten to actually put all the files in the right folder, UNLESS....
do you use steam or WON? If you use WON, then that might be the problem, one of the problesm with WON, you can't always see the maps in the menu even if the stuff are in the right folders, i'm still investigating why this happens, but it probably has something to do with the way the map was made or compiled...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Put the map into the maps folder. Disable the 24bit textures in opengl mode as stated by SSJGoku83.

Best answers
General Overlord said:
Put the map into the maps folder. Disable the 24bit textures in opengl mode as stated by SSJGoku83.
so do i exrtact the map when its in my map folder like do i send it to a compressed folder? Cuz i remembered 1 of my models did not work untill i sent it to an extracted folder

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vegetafan said:
so do i exrtact the map when its in my map folder like do i send it to a compressed folder? Cuz i remembered 1 of my models did not work untill i sent it to an extracted folder
Models are a different story half the time. The creator may have named the file name to something different then the origional file name for that model. In that case you rename the custom model. Example: You downlaoded a ssj3 goku model and want to use it, in order to ue it you rename the model to ssjgoku.mdl and overwrite the old model with the custom model you downloaded.

Again, put the map in your maps folder (in the esf directory).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Just extract it and put the bsp file (which is the map) into your maps folder. It *should* work o.o

Best answers
wow its working now nice map! :laff:

And thank you very much for taking the time to help someone on his first download :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have fun and my name is KONG KONG not KING KONG..

anyways that map sucks and is old.. i'd suggest these.. zsword, namek_isles, and gero_lab

they can be found on esf-world.com and hl2files.com, and esfzone.com later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom