If you like hl2

Best answers
Why not go to source...yes it means drop the old ver and go to source...i mean think about it ...physics built in... better effects that you can fully use ....cmon don't be like all the other mods and not make one...

Now I may have not seen some post or news or something that says that you are or are never going to go to source. Well I strongly suggest that you do...

Thanks, Hero

(I am not a hacker....lol)

Best answers
then that is ****ed up ....i guess i lost a really good mod in my opinion because the don't want to to the source...

They will lose a lot of players that way

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Herohacker said:
then that is ****ed up ....i guess i lost a really good mod in my opinion because the don't want to to the source...

They will lose a lot of players that way
No it actually won't seeing as how they have like 15,000 memebers on the board and bout 6/8th of which still play plus adding in all the other people who haven't made an account on these boards the mod won't lose many players at all. They might lose you, but oh well thats just one. This mod will live and die on the HL engine. It will never be on HL or source so get used to it. They've done an amazing job and you should be thankful its still around and being updated and such. Don't take everything for granted.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Herohacker said:
i mean think about it ...physics built in... better effects that you can fully use
Yeah, think about it.. having to rewrite half of the pre-existing engine, redo most of the map textures (HL2 uses a different format), recompile every map and model, and probably redo all of the sounds in a different format. That's just to get it on HL2 the way it is now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah! Let's let the team remake the entire mod! Then 1.3 will never be released! Horaaaay!

>.>

Just because the HL2 engine's available doesn't make ESF any worse of a mod.

Best answers
oh...God u have got 2 be kidding me...not another ESF on HL2...New User,same ideeas,stickeys = 0 ,Well HL2 is better then Hl1 doh, and it would make Esf cool,BUT that means that the team would start from 0% if esf 1.3 takes so much but an ESF HL2?and think about HL2,HL1 is a decent engine that doesn't need so many resources so almost anybody can play, HL2 has a lot of stuff that may work verry slow on some PC-s

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If people are going to stop playing esf because the team will not upgrade their graphics then they are spoiled.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this thread has gone on long enough.

As pointed out (from a sticky), the team has no intention of switching over to the HL2 engine. There is no further discussion that can be done, as far as I can see, on this topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom