If you could go back?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the exact Day/Month/Year you would pick, if you could go back to it, to prevent or influence an event you regret or wish went differently?

For me, it's Febuary 16th, 2001.

I completely wrecked my left ankle on a luge board, and was on crutches for a few months. And now deal with a few annoying titanium screws in my ankle, that basically add unwanted weight. I'd also find a way to tell Dale Earnhardt to avoid the Daytona 500, because he died two days later. That was a bad 3 days in the hospital. It was really wierd being so high on morphine, and watching 5-6 people around you crying at the TV, because #3 was dead. I guess that's living in the southern US.

Best answers
Mine would be during the 8th grade during This month I believe. I would prevent myself from getting ex-laxed by my 'friends'.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
August 19 2005 .... My 16th Birthday.... Oh boy ... hehehe Most of you might know why ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About a year ago, when I broke my shoulder.

Most of you know how it happened.

As myself, I can easily say no to peer pressure. But the one time I caved into it, I ended up brekaing my shoulder and to put it well, screwing me for a loooong time.

My shoulder cant move in certain directions and it is so weak. My friends 11 year old brother beat me in arm wrestling not too long ago. I cant do anything with this weak arm. I cant even keep my arm up, so I constantly have to spar (in karate) on my good side :/

I'm just thankful I didn't die that day. Looking back on it, I can name numurous things that could of gone wrong.

My shirt could of gotten caught and I could of swung back and had it snap, and have me land on my neck and die.

Yeah, I regret it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Day I started highschool. Thats the day things really went downhill. The day the true laziness and self loathing began. I'd probably talk to myself for a long time, righting whatever wrong initially started all of it.

Oh well, Perhaps it is this journey that makes mea better person now. I am happy now. Despite the unemployment and laziness, I like what I am. I am happy, somewhat. Should change soon enough should my plans come to fruition.. but I really do wish I had taken my education seriously... man.. what I could have been capable of... God only knows.

Best answers
May 8th 2005.. The day I kissed my best (girl)friend.. We were together for about 11 months, then we broke up because it was hard to truely love eachother since we've always had a brother-sister thing going on..

Now she's totally offtrack and hangs around in bars every night with a boyfriend that finds it "hard to love her because she doesn't drink or do drugs", thus she drinks and tries drugs..

Now we hardly talk to eachother anymore, and that sucks big time, seeing how we were 1-2 years ago..

I keep thinking that if I never kissed her, her life wouldn't be a total mess now :/

Best answers
January 17th 2006

The girl i was planning to ask out got asked out by some other guy, she only went out with him (as she still continues to do) coz he was honest with her... I just didnt ask her out that day, coz I hesitated...
If i didnt hesitate, I would be a lot happier now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have other regrets... but perhaps there was no avoiding them... although perhaps they would not be if my prior wish was granted.

Best answers
hmmm fall 2005, there was this chick that i was / am like pretty much in love with that i didnt ask out, fall because that's the time she was probably liking me the most, but i'd never act and ask her out, and 5 guys later i still havnt done it, this year i cant hesitate.

so yea i regret not asking her out, and still not asking her out.

Best answers
Dirty said:
hmmm fall 2005, there was this chick that i was / am like pretty much in love with that i didnt ask out, fall because that's the time she was probably liking me the most, but i'd never act and ask her out, and 5 guys later i still havnt done it, this year i cant hesitate.

so yea i regret not asking her out, and still not asking her out.
If you get the chance, tell her man!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
What's the exact Day/Month/Year you would pick, if you could go back to it, to prevent or influence an event you regret or wish went differently?

For me, it's Febuary 16th, 2001.

I completely wrecked my left ankle on a luge board, and was on crutches for a few months. And now deal with a few annoying titanium screws in my ankle, that basically add unwanted weight. I'd also find a way to tell Dale Earnhardt to avoid the Daytona 500, because he died two days later. That was a bad 3 days in the hospital. It was really wierd being so high on morphine, and watching 5-6 people around you crying at the TV, because #3 was dead. I guess that's living in the southern US.
Also, if I think about it... I could've found a way to prevent 9/11 as well.

But, it's nothing really to discuss... just a thought I had.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me = same as Chris`

Even though id probably try to correct a fiew blunders i made. Id preety mutch do everything the same as now ^^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd finish out this life 'till i'm almost dead, then go back to when I was born and use that knowledge that I've gained to have a truely better life.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ionno i'd rather not this is my life i'm learning from my mistakes everything happens for a reason It's better this way imho. Or i could go back a few years ago and win the lottery 3 times in a row that wouldn't be so bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even remember the exact date but it was two years ago. I would have avoided this ... medical problem. But that's just by default. I've learned to live with my biological shortcomings fairly well. In fact I have to wonder if I WOULD change this, because in the long run it made me stronger. MUCH stronger than I was before.

So I guess maybe I wouldn't change anything.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I'd finish out this life 'till i'm almost dead, then go back to when I was born and use that knowledge that I've gained to have a truely better life.
Thats living too long, I wouldnt be able to take it xD

I would fix some mistakes I did in the past, really rough mistakes.

Best answers
hmmmm, about Summer 2001 i was about to ask this girl out, but hesitated because i though she didnt like me. Even though we were already close friends. But still i couldnt get myself to ask her. About year later she told me that she liked me back then. Tough luck...

Best answers
jeriroth, same thing as me, cept she still likes me (pretty sure) heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom