If it's not one thing, it's another

Best answers
lol it was link as terorisom and they wanted to see how people reacts to lack of information and it was deleted from some place becouse it looked like spam and they picked a name eon8 becouse eon9 was taken :laff: man this is funny now but not before

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's an update:

Wikipedia.org said:
Interesting things have happened in the short time since 'Zero Hour'. Firstly, the server hosting this site has been hacked, a lot of damage was caused but it should be fixed eventually. It just proved the point that people take things too far and have no sense of humour.

Secondly, we've heard reports of 'eon8 parties', people gathering together to watch the counter tick over. We're glad to hear people had fun :)

Also, we've found that many people have made friends while trying to solve the 'mystery'. I hope your new friendships continue long after this saga has ended.

Some interesting sites you may enjoy: Eon 8 Merchandise (This has nothing to do with us, but I have no problem supporting it)

Eon8 - a summary (An extremely well-written article by 'paperghost'. Summarises the project perfectly)

YTMND (A site with many animations and theories about Eon8, some funny, some lame. Worth browsing, but you'll get sick of hearing the same 'creepy' music over and over)

ARGN Article (Another great article about Eon8)

Interesting 'fansite' about Eon8 (Contains mirrors of original content, and some fan images.

Finally, apologies to Unfiction, for causing so many problems with your forums. It was the site with the most answers, and suffered because from the huge spike in traffic. I'm glad things are back to normal.

Now go out and play in the sunshine :)
Here's what people thought about Mike:

Wikipedia.org said:
There is reason to belive Mike may have a mental disorder highly liekly to be a form of Dissociative identity disorder for the reason that he asserts himself as if he is more then one person, he refers to himself sometimes as "we" and "us" he has also admitted that when he uses these words he is only refering to himself alone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally Posted by Wikipedia.org
There is reason to belive Mike may have a mental disorder highly liekly to be a form of Dissociative identity disorder for the reason that he asserts himself as if he is more then one person, he refers to himself sometimes as "we" and "us" he has also admitted that when he uses these words he is only refering to himself alone.

...lo-fing-l...that is the dumbest assumption I've ever heard...

Best answers
J-Dude said:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia.org

...lo-fing-l...that is the dumbest assumption I've ever heard...
Yeah that's a good example of how Wikipedia can sometimes be too open. Tard didn't even use spellcheck... if I were posting on an Internet Encyclopedia, I know I would.

But to be able to come up with something like that.. and own the majority of the internet... guy has to be intelligent.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt` said:
They're mostly likely under an insane traffic load, and their server can't cope.

An unintended DoS attack, not entirely dissimilar to the Slashdot Effect caused by being linked from Slashdot.org and the Digg effect from digg.com
or "farked" from fark.com :x

Cucumba said:
Lame, I'll buy my bodywash elsewhere.

Although I would have expected the outcome had I run the experiment, it's a basic trait of humanity.
Another basic trait we posess is hindsight bias.

I keed I keed.

I kinda wish I had saw eon8.com back before the countdown finished. I wouldn't have minded helpin the hysteria.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The guy, who seems to be a sociopath... felt he need an e-peen extension through this hype-machine.

Oh well... I was going to just laugh if it was true.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Deman said:
I kinda wish I had saw eon8.com back before the countdown finished. I wouldn't have minded helpin the hysteria.
You could have gotten a proxy and posted a scary post on the forums. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom