I want to learn how to meele

Best answers
Ok before posting replies like "Go read FAQ u n00b" or smthing like that please read this...

I was just now reading the "FAQ" and came to know that the link which the topic starter has provided to learn meele does not work. :( So someone please teach me how to meele T_T

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hold the Right mouse button and fly into someone.

Thats all there is to it.

Best answers
I tried doing that but still there are many things i dont understand

like how to prevent getting thrown by people (The one which they catch ur ass and rotate it badly and throw away) or how to throw people...

I dont know if i have attacked someone also or not :|

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You will know when youve made an attack.

This basic guide is for version 1.2.x

Basic Melee is holding RMB when swooping and flying into someone. You can also do this at close range without swooping by aiming at the enemy and holding RMB. You see a white flash and a sound effect when you make contact. The attack animation will only happen when you are in range and make contact.

You can block Basic melee and ki-attacks by aiming at the incoming enemy/ki-attack and holding block.

To throw people, swoop into them without holding any mouse buttons. You'll enter what is known as AutoPunch. Before this process ends, hold RMB. This wont work if the opponent was blocking the AutoPunch though. To block AutoPunch, you must be holding block and aiming at the enemy before they get to you.

To struggle against a throw you just hold LMB and hope the enemy runs out of ki.

To use Advanced Melee you must first swoop into someone and enter the AutoPunch process. Press and hold LMB and a direction. This will fill up a bar which will change colour. The colour depends on how long you held that direction. Green is a weak attack, Blue is Medium, and Red is a Power hit. The speed at which the bar fills up depends on how many AutoPunch hits were landed.
Fill up the bar with as many attacks as you can, trying to make it difficult for the enemy to predict. There are special combos which you can input, but you must figure these out yourself, They are easier than you think. As a fun tip, try to end your attacks with a Red attack to launch your enemy away. When you finish filling your bar, the animation begins.

During this, a set of directions in white will appear at the left of screen. Match these arrows with your directional buttons to dodge the opponents attacks.
When there is a diagonal arrow, you can use either of the 2 directions ie if arrow is pointing south west, you can press either down or left. Some arrows are random, and you will have to guess. Advanced melee is heavily turnbased and many veterans dont like it, but it can prove useful in my opinion.

I hope this helps, and dont be disappointed by slow progress, it takes time to truly master.

Last edited:
Best answers
Thanks a lot KYnetiK that guide helped a lot ^_^ Add a copy right so that no 1 copies the guide without ur permission

@Mods
Please sticky this topic and bring it to use for those newbies who want to learn meele until the original link is restored ^_^

Thanks a lot again.

C ya ingame :devsmile:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you actually read the stickies/searched, you'd find out how to use melee and other features. =P

Best answers
as i said in my first post buddy i tried finding in FAQ and there was this FAQ

How do i use meele?
Read this ("Read this" was actually a link but it was broken) :(
Thats y i had to make a new thread /pif

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No worries, glad to help.

Shezu is right, the link on melee in the FAQ is indeed broken, also links to the AUP are also invalid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom