I, Robot - What did you think?

Best answers
I just got back from seeing it tonight. It's an awsome movie alot of good action sequences, the story wasn't bad either. Usually, in movies like this the story is almost non exsistant but I liked this one ;D

Best answers
omg, no way! I just got back from it too :O I thought it was a good movie. The story existed but I think they couldve gotten better actors... dont ask me who, just better actors. It was a good movie though, I liked it.

Lid

L
I'm going to keep away from this thread before I derail it horribly.

Best answers
I saw it this afternoon, I really liked the movie. The action and the story where both good,but i kind of saw the arm thing coming since he always messed with it when he woke up.By far Will Smith's best movie in many years.

Best answers
I personally Like will Smith, he's funny ..

Spoiler
------
-----
----
--
-
*Sneeze* Aw excuse me, I'm just alergic to bull****.

You cant beat that lol

Swear filter ruins it :S

Best answers
it was OK not the best movie ever.....i enjoyed it though but u can so tell that first scene with his car was so CG it was way to shiney of a car lol and it just looked fake the other times it looked good

Best answers
Uh Raiden, id edit ur post if i were u, avioding the swear filter isnt a good ideao_o

OnTopic: All ive seen about the movie is the commercials lol. Looks good though.

Best answers
Not Will Smith, He did an awesome job. that sneeze scene was awesome. its just the other actors that didnt do too much of a good job.

Fun fact: to animate the bloody robots (im not sure if all of them or just sunny) they did it frame by frame o_O mustv taken ages.

Best answers
All I’ve seen about the movie is the commercials also and it looks like more trash pumped out for the summer by Hollywood that is loosely based off of a book.

Best answers
Well that's one way of looking it it.... anyways, lol..

This is weird.. every july a new movie comes out with will smith shooting up everything.. lol (well in independance days case.. flying.. and stuff.. if that came otu in july)

Sound Artist
Best answers
I saw the sneak preview a couple days ago.. No previews in it so... was there a Halo 2 theatrical trailer? There is suppost to be one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked it too, I saw the Alien vs preditor preview ;O

I,R was freaking sweet, I like all Will Smith movies.

Best answers
Well I didn't saw the movie, but only by seeing the previews, I can tell, that movie is not realistic to the original book. Wars? never happened. In sane amount of action? hell no.
I personnaly intend not to see the movie, it will ruin the fun of the book for me.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
assaf said:
Well I didn't saw the movie, but only by seeing the previews, I can tell, that movie is not realistic to the original book. Wars? never happened. In sane amount of action? hell no.
I personnaly intend not to see the movie, it will ruin the fun of the book for me.
The only thing taken from 'I, Robot' the original is the name and the three robotic laws. Apart from that the movie is pretty much an original work. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well...as a sci fi writer I'll just throw this out there...

Asimov sucked. Big.

So I'm glad the movie didn't follow the book much.

Lid

L
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah well...as a sci fi writer I'll just throw this out there...

Asimov sucked. Big.

So I'm glad the movie didn't follow the book much.
yes because as a "sci-fi" writer you will be able to judge everyones else opinions of a classic of literature :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And what are your qualifications to judge decent writing? Some ****ing people...they go pick up a copy of Return of the King that's abridged to hell with Viggo Mortensen on the cover and all of a sudden they are literary geniuses.

Asimov isn't AWFUL, but he's certainly not the storyteller I'd like him to be, personally.

In any case I think my point here was a no brainer, but I'll be specific if it'll help you to understand: If the movie had followed the book, it would have been a bunch of flat boring characters sitting around going "Hmm...what if robots didn't listen to us?!" in monotone and nothing else. And that would have made an extraordinarily SUCK movie...don't you think?

Lid

L
You have completley missed the point of why people are angry that it attempted to cash in on the success of I, Robot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom