I really need help desperately!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
I'm really sad cos loads of people say the ESF is really fun and good and I really wanna play it. I've installed it and applyed it to Half-Life, but there is one very annoying problem: no matter what i do and what for, when I create a game and click on OK to start it, the screen goes blank for a second and then an error message comes up saying: "Could not load up library C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\ESF\cl_dlls\client.dll"

what shall I do and how can I fix this? (I REALLY REALLY WANNA PLAY!!!!)

Please help me :(

Jehuty

Best answers
Use the search button there are million of threads on this topic

Best answers
Thanks Jarrstin for helping. Ure the best! :)

But now I've got one other problem:

When I load up the game, it says: "sprites/blueattacka.spr not found"

How do I deal with this problem cos I've looked everywhere in the forums!!

Also, when I choose the ESF custom game, the style of Half-life doesnt change nor the background and all I have is multiplayer, I even got the patch and nothing happens!! Help?!

Best answers
Ok download this:
http://www.freewebs.com/esf_fanatics/files/jehuty.zip

Paste the url instead of clicking it, cause it's not linking right.

I made this files just for you ;) In it you will find two spr files and a shortcut to ESF. Places the two spr files in your sprite dir in your ESF Folder and place the shortcut on your desktop. Bam. Everything should work. If you have any problems, post em here.

Hope that helps!

Jarrstin

Best answers
Thank you for all ure help.
But even though i put all the files in the right places, it still says the same message like before (sprites/blueattacka.spr not found)

what am I doing wrong? I put both spr files in the ESF sprites folder and nothing changes!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could be me, but he said ESF didn't work and you gave him the FixDMZ file.........? Anyway, the best way to get rid of that client.dll error (for me it worked) is to update your HL to the newest version. Then it should work.

Best answers
its not that i've got a problem wiv anymore, it just says the message:
sprites/blueattacka.spr not found

even though i got the files from Jarrstin, i put them in the right place and it didnt change anything!

help me!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok but the fixDMZ file is for Dragonmod Z, this is ESF.....? Anyway try updating your HL and then re-installing ESF?????

Best answers
damnit, uninstall ESF, then download the newest version of HL , then install ESF again... that should solve it! :)

Best answers
tried it, nothin works! i dont know why it does this and I cant seem to change it, what should i do? ANYBODY?

Best answers
ok, ive got past that part, but now I need the sprites/greenattacka.spr

I'll probably need the redattacka.spr as well but where do u get them from?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're supposed to come with ESF. o_O .........oh yeah and you shouldn't double post

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the client.cll error was cause by DLing ESF in a zip (or folder) ... if you use the oficial installer this problem shouldn't appeared ... I also think that your current problem would be fixed if you would have installed ESF correctly

Retired
Best answers
Try redownloading ESF, from fileplanet if you can, and reinstall using that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh. If the sprites still don't work after redownloading and installing, try downloading modified sprites from
http://www.esf-world.de
If they still don't work ask someone to send you the sprites over AIM/MSNM/IRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom