i need help

Best answers
when ever i tray to start esf lan or internet game show me this mesage:your Earth's Special Forces executable is out of date.Earth's Special Forces will now update the current version and when i click ok and do something it show me the same mesage when i tray agen to star can any 1 help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use Steam.

www.steampowered.com

You get that error because you're not running ESF from Steam. ESF was designed to work with Steam, it doesn't run properly under WON.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which version of ESF are you trying to install?

For 1.2.3, the installer should automatically find your Half-Life folder in the Steam directory. For ESF 1.3 Open Beta, you need to create a new folder within your Half-Life folder in your Steam directory and extract the contents of the .rar file to that new folder. Then, you just open up Steam and ESF should be in your games list.

Best answers
1.2.3 bat i when i tray put esf on steam whit add a non-steam game to my game list and when i click launch it start half life and it have half life icon bat i will tray to download 1.3

Best answers
I have steam and the game of the year edition of Half life 2 that comes with half life 1. When i try to run the installer for 1.2.3 it goes through the agreement and the choose components to install parts but then when it comes to where you choose the directory to install it in the install button is grayed out and i can't click on it no matter what folder i click. The path at first looks like this:
C:\Program Files\Half-Life\
When i try to put in SteamApps it looks like this:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods

but overall the install button is grayed out like i said before and i can't even install the game...i have steam and half life 1:source. is the source part whats wrong with it...any help would be much appreciated (i really want to play this mod)
shdwslayer

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have steam and the game of the year edition of Half life 2 that comes with half life 1. When i try to run the installer for 1.2.3 it goes through the agreement and the choose components to install parts but then when it comes to where you choose the directory to install it in the install button is grayed out and i can't click on it no matter what folder i click. The path at first looks like this:
C:\Program Files\Half-Life\
When i try to put in SteamApps it looks like this:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods

but overall the install button is grayed out like i said before and i can't even install the game...i have steam and half life 1:source. is the source part whats wrong with it...any help would be much appreciated (i really want to play this mod)
shdwslayer
ESF doesn't work on Half-Life: Source, only Half-Life.

The install button is grayed because the installer requires you to have at least ran Half-Life once.

1.2.3 bat i when i tray put esf on steam whit add a non-steam game to my game list and when i click launch it start half life and it have half life icon bat i will tray to download 1.3
That's not how you add modifications to Steam. "Add a non-Steam game to My Games list..." only works for games, not modifications. You need to have ESF installed into your Half-Life folder in your Steam directory.

For ESF 1.3 Open Beta, you need to create a new folder in your Half-Life folder within your Steam directory, then extract the contents of the .rar file to that new folder you created.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have steam and the game of the year edition of Half life 2 that comes with half life 1.
WRONG:

Your game comes with Half Life SOURCE

You need Half Life 1.

While HL Source is a remake of HL1 it has a totaly difrent game Engine and cant run HL1 mods.

Best answers
can i get half life 1 for free anywhere or is there anyway to get it anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom