=/ I just bought WoW

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
So if you could please, post your opinions as to why you like/dislike the game.
Maybe a bit late, and i'll admit i'm partly to blame as I play WoW from time to time. But anyways. It's a fun game simply because it's very stream lined and straight forward. Any idiot can pick it up and get to 60 without much trouble (too bad that is how most of the WoW population is, find a good guild my friend, find a good guild).

The bad thing about WoW is that regardless how good you get, if someone out gears you, you lose. WoW is not a game of skill, it's a game of how much time you've wasted. A casual player will have no chance in pvp against someone who raids all day.

It turns all the rules of gaming around and amounts to nothing in the end. It's a fabulous time dump, but seriously, unless you play every day and raid every weekend, you shouldn't even bother starting. Because you won't be able to have a fair pvp fight at lvl 60 until you're at least half a year in.

It's a fun game, just far too gear dependant.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Maybe a bit late, and i'll admit i'm partly to blame as I play WoW from time to time. But anyways. It's a fun game simply because it's very stream lined and straight forward. Any idiot can pick it up and get to 60 without much trouble (too bad that is how most of the WoW population is, find a good guild my friend, find a good guild).

The bad thing about WoW is that regardless how good you get, if someone out gears you, you lose. WoW is not a game of skill, it's a game of how much time you've wasted. A casual player will have no chance in pvp against someone who raids all day.

It turns all the rules of gaming around and amounts to nothing in the end. It's a fabulous time dump, but seriously, unless you play every day and raid every weekend, you shouldn't even bother starting. Because you won't be able to have a fair pvp fight at lvl 60 until you're at least half a year in.

It's a fun game, just far too gear dependant.
So yeah, I'd be what you would consider a "casual" gamer. Though I played GW quite a bit and could get to lvl 20 in about 2-3 days depending on how often I played a day. There have been times where I played from the moment I woke up to the moment i went to sleep, with bathroom breaks and meals inbetween. Thanks for the insite kama- I like when people tell the good the bad and the ugly and make it straight forward.

Honestly I'm shocked I haven't seen Alea post here yet, I'd really like to hear her opinion.

How long does it take to become level 60? (roughly)

nge

Best answers
If you play enough, it can take a few weeks. Over a month usually though, but unlike in GW you're still a threat if you're a few levels lower.

The game is gear dependant, but it's also got a lot to do with stratigy/movement. Some basic stratigy for instance, is when fighting a caster, use cover. Many of their attacks are line of sight, and if you've got a ranged weapon you can take potshots and potentially cause their big hits to fail because you ran behind that building or tree.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
or just run straight through them.

only warriors are THAT gear dependant, casters arent that bad, rogues you can still be descent and win a fight

i dont play pallies :O

i think it took me 23 game days played to get to 60 on my warrior, but thats not counting battle grounds, waiting around for instance groups, auctioning, i thought i leveled fairly quickly. not counting tradeskill farming and stuff.

hunters and warlocks are pretty fun.

i play on darkspear.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
oh and do NOT get into the PvP grind, I just got done with the most hellish grind ever, I got my rogue to grand marshal...ugh...I need sleep.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
oh and do NOT get into the PvP grind, I just got done with the most hellish grind ever, I got my rogue to grand marshal...ugh...I need sleep.
hahaha that made no sense but it was funny.

My friends and I are making a rogue group. Jon's a rogue undead, Justin's a rogue something, and i'm going to be a troll. And we're all starting from lvl 1. It will be fun :)

I made a Nightelf Druid (is that good?) and I made a Tauren Hunter (is that good?) Now I need to go home and make a new character for this rogue thing we are doing. I'm going to do the same thing in WoW that I did with GW is that I'm going to try out each type of character and see what I like the most. And then stick to one. Seems the most logical to me :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Switch it to a Night Elf Hunter and a Tauren Druid.

Those are both good picks. They can solo well and do well in pvp.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
SSFT said:
Switch it to a Night Elf Hunter and a Tauren Druid.

Those are both good picks. They can solo well and do well in pvp.
Thanks I'll do that :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I probably should had stated why lol. Tauren have warstomp, which really benefits a druid (buys time to get off a quick heal so you aren't killed) and have an herbalism bonus which is good for starting out alchemy, which is a solid profession for druids (mana pots and stat increases allows you to play out different roles effectively)

Night Elf for hunter because their shadowmelding allows them to get the jump on someone. Not sure if they have changed it, but stealth before you do Aimed Shot allowed a huge burst of damage right at the start of combat, and there is nothing the target can do about it really. Night Elf hunters are dangerous. Not to mention you can have your pet cat prowl, and you can shadowmeld, making you and your friend undetectable, no other hunter can do that.

Arguments for Tauren hunter and NE Druid. Tauren hunters start out with guns instead of bows. So if you prefer guns (I don't, they are too loud XD) then be a tauren hunter (although warstomp and herbalism aren't as useful to them) A NE Druid looks better while shapeshifted. Taurens look weird. But it is just cosmetic. Cat form allows you to stealth so shadowmeld isn't useful to a druid.

So that is why I said Tauren Druid and NE Hunter.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of curiosity: What race/class does the absolute most damage? That's pretty much what I'm looking for.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
undead get better base stats for casters

uh, warrior wise tauren have higher agility than orcs, i think orcs have more str, tauren have more stamina due to endurance, +5% stamina or health

i dont remember much more, there was a site that listed it a long time ago.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Out of curiosity: What race/class does the absolute most damage? That's pretty much what I'm looking for.
Rogue. Or really good warrior. But a really good rogue > really good warrior in terms of DPS. So what does the most damage? Rogue. Undead rogue is probably your best bet simply because his racials are pwn.

And for wars, Taurens = Warstomp (3 second stun) and +5% hp - Orcs = Blood Fury (increases base attack power by 50% for 15 seconds, not too sure on the length) and +25% chance to resist all stuns.

In short, for warriors, Taurens = Better tanks, Orcs = Better PvP

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
not a large difference between those 2, mainly gear, rogues and wars i mean.

though warstomp is nice.

Super Moderator
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Rogue. Or really good warrior. But a really good rogue > really good warrior in terms of DPS. So what does the most damage? Rogue. Undead rogue is probably your best bet simply because his racials are pwn.

And for wars, Taurens = Warstomp (3 second stun) and +5% hp - Orcs = Blood Fury (increases base attack power by 50% for 15 seconds, not too sure on the length) and +25% chance to resist all stuns.

In short, for warriors, Taurens = Better tanks, Orcs = Better PvP
Warstomp is actually 2 seconds.

Shaman can put out some pretty big burst damage with windfury procs. At level 49, I've done 2k+ damage in a matter of seconds with some big windfury crit-procs / shock combos.

It's fun to two-shot clothies. I've even one-shotted a mage with a high enough windfury proc.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay so wait you just mentions "crit" and my friend the other day was playing and was like "What the hell why am I not critting" so what does critting mean?

Undead rogue- got it :)

Cool thanks guys, I think that answers all my questions thus far.

Super Moderator
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Crit = critical hit.

Agility increases your chance to crit with melee, Intellect increases your chance to crit with spells.

So as a rogue, you're going to want to try and get gear that's 'of the monkey'. There are verious "green's" throughout the game, which have bonus stats on them. You will find that they come in varying combinations of stats depending on the name at the end of the item. For example, a level 22 green known as "Bandit Pants of the [type]" can drop in any number of varieties. Of the Bear drop with +Strength/+Stamina, Of the Eagle drop with +Stamina/+Intellect, and of the Monkey drop with +Stamina/+Agility. Basically, this will increase your survivability (1 stamina = 10 health), as well as your chance to crit.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Rogues are an active and fun class to play, but they do suffer end game. You will have more fun as a rogue in a PvP server, trust me.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm working on my hunter so far. Lvl 4 ftw! I did as you said, made a Night Elf Hunter a Tauren Druid and now I'm going to make an Undead Rogue. What does "2 hitting clothies" mean?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically killing Cloth Armor wearing classes (casters) in two hits.

Super Moderator
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I'm working on my hunter so far. Lvl 4 ftw! I did as you said, made a Night Elf Hunter a Tauren Druid and now I'm going to make an Undead Rogue. What does "2 hitting clothies" mean?
Next time I'm in the BGs on my 49 Shaman, I'll take some screens of my windfury procs (I have an addon that gives me the total damage when Windfury procs), at the high end if I get a double or triple crit, I can do like 1000-1500 damage plus an instant cast shock for about 400 more.

I mean, I know it has nothing on a Warrior's execute, but a 4k execute crit when your target is below 20% health is just overkill. When your opening swing + shock take 1900 damage off your target, that's some frigging ownage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom