I have a question regarding transformations

Best answers
In 1.2.3 all the characters have transformations.

I also know that we will have new additions to the characters that already exist like Ginyu for example.

Now Ginyu in particular doesn´t have any transformation, so how will characters with no transformations be balanced versus the ones who do?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Characters with no transformations like Captain Ginyu and Android #18 use the buddy system rather than transformations.

What this does, is at a certain powerlevel(Like when you usually would be able to transform) you press the ascension button to call in a buddy to back you up. Captain Ginyu will call out one of the other Ginyu Force Members to help him in play( they mimic you're movement and attacks at the enemy until killed) Android #18 will call out either Android #17 or #16 to fight along side her, should the player character be killed you will assume control of the buddy who has less HP than the player character would.

Best answers
That´s pretty neat man,
I was kinda expecting to play as Android 16 since he is technically stronger than the other Androids, but I am still happy that at least you get to feel like you have another character helping you out.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can switch between buddies with a button. Dont need to die to switch.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I got confused. I thought the buddy system would just allow you to change into another character, but Nebul made it look like you instead summon a bot to fight for you.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got confused. I thought the buddy system would just allow you to change into another character, but Nebul made it look like you instead summon a bot to fight for you.
You summon a buddy. It doesnt fight for you, but it does mimic your moves. You can for example have your buddy charge a beam when you are being meleed and make it shoot the guy hitting you and so on.

And since they have their own KI pool, that means you get double the beam power for the same amount of KI. But it does not fight instead of you.

Best answers
I like that a whole, so basically if the character you are using was attacked, you could switch to the other one and charge a beam at the one attacking your previous controlled character

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually the buddy mimics you. So when you select a generic beam and start charging, the buddy does the same. This means that even if you cant charge a beam (like when you are being meleed) the buddy will do it. No need to switch to it.

But yes you can switch to it to if you wish.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Krillin has a transformation... I know, I know he just does.

Tien and Yamcha are unlikely to be playable.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Krillin used to grow hair. that was his transformation. not sure what they have planned for him.

Best answers
Maybe he gets something like an unlocked potential thing similar to what happened to him on Namek, we will see

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Or he'll get a nose :D you know everyone got stronger when they grew a nose
growing-a-nose-makes-you-stronger.jpg

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Buddy system looks like it would be OP if used right.
Kind of like Meepo in Dota 2. (Sry)

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
if so we could just make a crappy buddy AI :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom