I got bored... (map)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Figured I'd give you guys an update since it's been a few days (no pictures yet, nothing special has been added):

I've made the oasis surrounding the palace larger, and have started to work on some palm trees. Still experimenting with the terrain. I've shown some minor updates to people, and I've received some pretty amazing suggestions, specifically ones regarding the outer parts of the map. What I've decided to do is add different types of scenery for the outer sections.. So on one side of the map, I've decided that I'm going to add a forest and possibly a small ravine that will cut through the palace oasis, and run throughout the map; on the other side, I'm thinking of adding a very low poly, small version of the Goku vs. Vegeta desert scenery (mainly the pillars). I'm also debating on whether or not to add an island with a small city and a few small cliffs out in the distance.

Last edited:
crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I just do not understand = = novice

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now for pictures! Thanks to Adam, I'm trying out something new for the outer parts. What would you guys think if I surrounded the area with these, behind the forest and other parts of the map?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Small update, I messed around with some things and then went to bed, so there hasn't been much progress yet. I decided to mess around and get an example of what I was talking about with the forest:

I think this is what I'm going to lean for, except the forest is going to be larger and farther away.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mountains look great, much better than the static ones you started with (though, this is a different setting, so it needs other types of mountains). I actually like the forest, I do hope you try to add some more diversity to the types of trees though? Also wondering if you are going to keep the trees like they are now, with multiple flat texture surfaces intersecting each other, instead of full 3d objects?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
There's not much I can do to help you, since I've never tried mapping.. So all I can give you is a moral boost! :D

It looks fantastic and I really really hope that it will be used :) Great work! ^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You should change those trees from baba's place with ones from forest

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I like the render and textures of town. Can we go in the town ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom