I feel newbish

Best answers
Ok im in the EFS dedicated server and all, u know, the thing where u can choose frag limit, bots etc., and i dont know how to start the actual game! I feel like a total noob :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, You have to download esf beta 1.2 and 1.2.1 (or the 1.2.1 full)

do that at www.redsaiyan.org

Seems you only downloaded the dedicated server

That should solver your problem.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sure? Because it seems to me you downloaded the esf beta 1.2 and 1.2.1 dedicated servers.

If you did install what you were supposed to, in order to play a game, you should be able to click on the esf shortcut it made, if not go into steam>play games> under third party games you should see esf, if not you installed the wrong file.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's talking about how to start the Dedicated Server. I think...

Best answers
hmm well i dont seem to have a shortcut to play and ESF is under third party games but i can only choose to go to the website. What i can do however, when i move the files to the half life folder,(not the one in steam) i can activate it and play by myself. When I installed ESF and the patch was the installer with the piccolo and vegeta backround. Does that mean nething?

Also, when i try to join the games, i get that DLL problem. Im sure I installed the patch! ;(

Ok ive been messing around with it and now I have a shortcut that brings up half life and the thing with the servers. I still dont know how to start a game I create and im getting the dll problem, where it says my .dll is different from the severs.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well there is like ONE server that is for 1.2 the rest are for 1.2.1. (unless made by a person with 1.2)

My suggestion is try to install the patch again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom