I don't have a copy of Half-Life, but I have Counter-Strike.

Best answers
First off, great looking game guys.
I haven't played it, but it looks very good!

Would you be able to play this game with Counter-Strike so do I have to go out and buy Half-Life?
Damn... I used to have Half-Life, but that was so long ago, I lost it, so I bought a retail version of Counter-Strike thinking I'll probably never play Half-Life again...

A little help guys, I'm willing to go out and buy a copy of Half-Life, this game looks great!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can use Counter-strike or any stand alone HL-based game. You're fine, as long as you have your own CD key.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends if you use it for steam or not. If you do, then:

Standard HL Players can play all mods including CS but not CZ
Players that purchase only CZ can play CZ and CS only.
Players that have both types of CDKeys can play all games

I'm sure retail cs allows you to play esf though.

Best answers
Yes, people with retail CS can play any and all mods for HL and stuff. Hope this helps :D

Best answers
yes it should help install it on steam =) good lucky man hope to face you

Retired
Best answers
if you have the retail of CS, it's just as easy to install as on half-life basically. it just has different dirs to put it in compared to the HL variant (obviously). just use steam, get your cdkey ready. and it should be all set.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Paper Tiger said:
First off, great looking game guys.
I haven't played it, but it looks very good!

Would you be able to play this game with Counter-Strike so do I have to go out and buy Half-Life?
Damn... I used to have Half-Life, but that was so long ago, I lost it, so I bought a retail version of Counter-Strike thinking I'll probably never play Half-Life again...

A little help guys, I'm willing to go out and buy a copy of Half-Life, this game looks great!
use steam and u get hl for free too

Best answers
i bought CZ and wanna play esf except when i click on esf it says click to add HL to my games list, (i payed 69.95 for CZ ahhhhh!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom