i dont get this

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've made an map with just 2 textures but he still sais this error:token to mutch in line 8
the name is short enough andi already tryed to save it in c: directly, any help? :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think you saw what i say, i only use 2 textures so that means that i use just 1 wad.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This can refer to several different errors:

1) The "too many wads" error. 8 wads in WC/Hammer is a good limit, more may cause this error among others. If you are using more than 8 wads you can use Wally to combine the extra wads into one custom wad.

2) Too long a path/name for the map or compiling tools. Only a limited amount of memory is set aside for the path/names. Solution is to move the compiling tools or map into a shallow folder.

3) Having a space in a path/name. Examples: frequently /Program Files/ is part of the path name. Compiling tools do not like the space between "program" and "files". Solutions are to either use the MSDOS pathname, or to move the offending files from under the spaced folder, or put quotes " " around the whole path name in WC/Hammer so that windows uses it right. If your map has the space in its name (eg. Bob map), remove the space and change it to (Bobmap).

If that all didn't work like you said, then maybe your textures are corrupt. Use default HL textures, not custom ones to test this. Other than that, I suggest posting on www.snarkpit.com forums. I garuntee they will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom