I can't wait for 1.1

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by GoatMan
client side prediction isnt gonna change the fact that when your out pinged you will lose in melee.. his hit reaches the server before yours regardless.
Wrong. I can't really go into specifics, but I assure you that client side prediction is not so quick to jump and give you the hit. It will check to see if the other player also has melee activated first.

And kama, not much of what you said really applies, now or with beta 1.1 . Block countering can be done within a fraction of a second of detonating a beam if you have yourself trained, meaning that there is virtually no way to intercept a player who has mastered the use of counters in 1.0 . In 1.1 there will be a delay to attack after blocking, so it will be easy to simply swoop back and forth at the blocking individual until his block gives out, or until he intercepts you with a swoop. Also know that PL after death will be an option in 1.1, which will hopefully default to off.

Best answers
well at least it will be easier to level up and play a more fair fight

right gu--l.s..s;klkf,....z-__ )

Sorry :)

anyway, at least melee will be much better and won't be massed as much (hopfeully)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And kama, not much of what you said really applies, now or with beta 1.1 . Block countering can be done within a fraction of a second of detonating a beam if you have yourself trained, meaning that there is virtually no way to intercept a player who has mastered the use of counters in 1.0 . In 1.1 there will be a delay to attack after blocking, so it will be easy to simply swoop back and forth at the blocking individual until his block gives out, or until he intercepts you with a swoop. Also know that PL after death will be an option in 1.1, which will hopefully default to off.

Or, you could read my post. If someone is countering, use beams. See? Wasn't that easy? Yes I know, no need to thank me for the common sense, it's ok.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok so I forgot to respond to that.

So you use a beam and he dodges. Now what? Eventually you turn around and he hits you in the back. You can counter him back, but then it is just a war of who is better with block. That's not the way it should work.

Best answers
LASER LASER LASER LASER IF I SEE A BLOCK SPAMMER I SWITCH TO A CHARACTER WITH LASERS. Easy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
So you use a beam and he dodges. Now what?

Simple, blow up the beam beside him so it doesn't go by him.

Eventually you turn around and he hits you in the back. You can counter him back, but then it is just a war of who is better with block. That's not the way it should work.
Why would you turn your back to someone you are fighting? I mean really... it isn't that hard to think it through, you're fighting, you don't look away.

There is a solution to every problem. This game isn't that hard to learn.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Kama

Wow.. ok.. you realize that if hes blocking, he has a full bar of KI, can teleport right next to you before you can even detonate it and whamp you in the face?

Why would you turn your back to someone you are fighting? I mean really... it isn't that hard to think it through, you're fighting, you don't look away.

There is a solution to every problem. This game isn't that hard to learn.
Gee why didn't I think of that? Possibly because it's a stupid response?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

There is a solution to every problem. This game isn't that hard to learn. [/b]

You so k-r-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-z-y kama.

Alright, 1.) People usually teleport out of the way BEFORE you can detonate a beam. I know I do. They teleport out of the way and charge up. Now you've got less ki than they do and they're still blocking.

2.) You try attacking a few times and get countered, he doesn't move, so you get tired. You go attack somebody else so you aren't wasting time staring him down. When you do, he attacks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Sonic, the thing really is, you're trying to search for potholes in what I'm saying but it's not working. If you can't hit someone with a beam and you can't hit them with melee, why are you complaining?

It's not like they are using some ungodly cheat that doesn't let you kill them. They are just better then you are and are able to do that. If you are afraid of them countering, don't use melee infront of them while they block, tranny beside or behind and then melee them. If you're not good enough to do that, don't complain.

If i'm fighting someone and they are blocking and fighting back, I don't look for another target, where's the sport in that? You want a good fight, not a push over.

Best answers
Originally posted by GMan
I'm sick of losing to players who aren't even that good but have half the ping that I do, and then brag about it! Ugh!

Grievances, be washed away with 1.1!
lol well try going without a cpu for over 2 months. ITS HELL!!!!:cry: Everytime i think of ESF i get sad cuz i know i cant play it!! Let this be a lesson to ya. Even though ur ping sux ballz just be thankful u have one for the time being. Yes i know i know it does suck due to the fact that the ping is horrible. I remember when i played my ping was like in the 400-1000 range..:cry: i was pissed but ya know i found other places where my ping was awsome. Anyway here is some advice from an X-Legend hehe ya i was the best but now i think my skillz have gone down the drain...:( but i will strength them when i get my cpu. I WILL PWN AGAIN!!!:D Thats not it. Here it is all in all in life and in la la land. Be thankful of what u have. Cuz if u were in my spot right now u would probably say the same. Btw im in a god forsaken Library using their cpu for an hour. Ugh! But o well. im just rambling.

Best answers
Hehe seems to me you need to get outside more NeLo.

GMan i have pings of around 50 and under when i play on the servers in Europe when i play on the USA Servers my ping jumps up the the 120+ area, but still i play ok, its not about winning or losing its about having fun and having people shout at you for beam spamming and kill half the map when you reach 10 million in power and go SSJ and do the Kamehameha :D lots and lots of fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Sonic, the thing really is, you're trying to search for potholes in what I'm saying but it's not working. If you can't hit someone with a beam and you can't hit them with melee, why are you complaining?

It's not like they are using some ungodly cheat that doesn't let you kill them. They are just better then you are and are able to do that. If you are afraid of them countering, don't use melee infront of them while they block, tranny beside or behind and then melee them. If you're not good enough to do that, don't complain.

If i'm fighting someone and they are blocking and fighting back, I don't look for another target, where's the sport in that? You want a good fight, not a push over.
You're a block abuser aren't you? Or just plain ignorant? You decide.

1) It is EXACTLY an "ungodly cheat." You summed it up *PERFECTLY.* They are in god mode when using this, unless you try to laser them.

2) Fine, how about you and Night go play a little 1v1? He blocks abuses and you can put him down with relative ease, right?

3) A "Good fight?" I don't consider playing someone in god mode a "good fight."

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ_ReNe
Hehe seems to me you need to get outside more NeLo.
Hehe i know. Btw im starting my acting career out here in Lakewood, California so thats y i dont have a comp. But im getting 1 soon. Im hoping next week but if not hey ive waited like 4 weeks and still waiting for my pay check for a commercial i did like in March..:S That pay check is my ticket for my cpu etc. in the mean time i have to use the Library's...:\ o well. But im trying to look for stuff to do while im away from my precious (hehe LOTR). But ya ur right i need to get laid or somethin..maybe get a GF... that would be sweet.:laff:

Btw Gman Kama is right. I know from experience on how to fight melee, beams etc. Let me tell ya Kama is 100% right. Consider me a Legend in the game. Im heard round the game world in ESF hehe..caugh caugh.. excuse meh got something in my throat..caugh. Erm anyway so ya if ur looking for fighting tips. Post it cuz the Library cpu is not letting me check my user cp. *******S!!! so ya.

Best answers
go to your local netcafe maybe they have HL and other games installed that you can play there :)

Best answers
THERE IS A NETCAFE!!!! WHERE!!?? I HAVE TO FIND IT AHHH AHHH AHHHHHHHHH!! lol sry but when u said Netcafe i remembered watching that thing on tv and i said thats AWSOME!!.... wait r u gonna make me search for it.:S cuz i cant right now.. i have like 3 mins left on my time.. bah! Plz tell me! ill try to see it tomorrow if i can but ya it would be nice for some info.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
::charges up a nice fat warning:: Alright, enough flaming out of everyone. Kama, you obviously misunderstood my post. I am not attacking you as a person, and I expect that you will avoid from repeating that mistake. Gman, nothing you can't take to PMs. No need to egg him on. Let this end at that.

Note- Also, I reserve the right to voice my oppinion on any topic posted with the intention of recieving voiced oppinions. I can and will complain however and whenever I feel it is merited. Do not flame myself or my oppinions, or those of anyone else's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never said you were attacking me as a person, i'm rathering enjoying my conversation about this with you, GMan just wants attention it seems.

But Gman to your post, no I cannot put someone that has the common sense to block attacks down with relative ease. But if need be I can find ways to do it, every player has a weakness, just watch how they play and you'll eventually learn their movements and be able to beat them much easier.

And I consider a player that has the common sense to use block while fighting a good fight.

It was put in the game, you're probably one of those people that complains about "Pistol Whor.es" and "Rocket Spammers". Well guess what, it's a feature in the game that's there, if they aren't using the Insta-counter, don't complain, learn to use block yourself, people aren't going to just let you hit them.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I specifically stated "Let this end." The block counter issue is too contreversial and completely trivial. Block counters have already been coded out of 1.1, and the entire melee system will be virtually replaced come 1.2 .

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Wrong. I can't really go into specifics, but I assure you that client side prediction is not so quick to jump and give you the hit. It will check to see if the other player also has melee activated first.
go play a fps to get a better idea of this. go play a game like bf1942 without client side prediction and try to shoot a guy running side ways with a gun shooting dead into his model. then go play a game like cs with clientside prediction and notice how the bullet does hit, but this doesnt change the fact that whichever reached the server first WILL register first. this is all a matter of ping no matter which route you take, but it will make melee alot more accurate instead of hitting a guy that has a 200 ping from 10 feet behind him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom