I can play guitar now???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well.. magus suggested a while back that i should make a short vid of me playing guitar... so i did. its me widdling mindlessly, playing some of bark at the moon, then some more widdling..

lost some sound quality when recording with a ****ty mic, it sounds hella hot with my new marshal TSL122 :) and then i lost some more making the filesize smaller... oh well :p

filmed wif ****ty webcam. i should be asleep, cos i have work in 6 hours, and i havent slept in the last 20... oh, and sitting like that is kinda uncomfortable...
>;o

http://www.carbon-effect.com/Users/Scorpion/gir/omg.zip

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, just watched it, that was awesome, you have mad skills. Why do you looks so annoyed though, I thought you would've been headbanging or at least nodding or something.

Was that the Inspector Gadget theme at the end? :shocked:

Best answers
dude that rocked! god your great at modeling and playing the guitar, you must be god lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks guys, quite a compliment.. but im kinda hanging by the waking thread, and drinking some horlicks, so i can see that my playing was actually pretty ****ing sloppy... ill try to record something when im more awake :)

and yes its inspector gadget. it was a toss up between that, and power rangers XD

Best answers
:( Link doesn't work for me, how poo. I wanna see some wailing Inspector Gadget.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My god, how in the hell did you play while sitting like that? Uncomfortable, yes?

Anywho, awkward positions aside, that was awesome. I'm impressed.

Best answers
man i wish i could play my guitar like that great job dude :yes: how do u play sitting like that O_O

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Heh, I was hoping you were classiclly trained. So you play modernly, then. Do you use the classical technique as an alternitive? Anywho, your fingering was pretty good man. Great job. :yes: Oh, can you play Stairway to Hevan?( I can ) ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good job....Make some more but of some Metallica and....some power rangeers!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe... evowyting waz mirrowed! mehtalikah was like... acilatem :D so dat muss meen yu wuz on da ryt syd of da scween when wecordin? :O

and anywayz, you have mad skills man. keep it up, wait, i should say, uh... stay on that elevator you're on. You certainly chose the right one. Some people choose the ragity kind... you know, the kind that breaks down before they reach their full potential. Or the kind that reaches somewhere and then suddenly falls straight down to the surface like a sack of potatoes. And then theres to kinds that... wait... nvm, keep up the good work man. You're excellent, btw, what program you used to record that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just used logitec's quick capture thingy, but it came out at like.. 60mb, so i used videomach to convert it to a smaller format. and yes i was sitting to the right, playing with my left hand fretting the notes (the right handed way o_O).

and i really dunno how i played sitting like that, it sucked ass. im gonna try to use a decent camera (video cam instead of web cam). to record the next clip. and i promise some powah rangah's for you all. and maybe some metallica... or maybe some Newborn Nemesis :cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was good. Rather good. In fact, Id say it was awesome. How much did the amp set you back?

It looks like the video was mirrored somehow, or youre some kind of lefty-guitarist.

Really, awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the amp cost me a lot less (40%) than you would pay for it, it retails anywhere from £900-1200. the guitar i was playing in that vid, i also payed less for (40%) and retails at £2500-3000 depending on the options you take for it. its a prs custom 22. the amp is a Marshall TSL122.

im trying to find the gundam wing theme tune. if i remember right, its got a cool guitar part....

Best answers
You got shiznit guitar skills, you make uber models, and you're just overall ****ing sexy.... I hate you and I love you....

I'm gonna have to show that to some of my buddies... they'd love that (real guitar nuts...)

I don't know what that stuff was before inspector gadget (which ****ing rocked, by the way), but it was awesome... it was so damned mid-90s, I loved it....

Gir, I have the Gundam Wing songs. Would you like them?

Best answers
that was quite good, I never got that far with my guitar skills ( although I did play some Hendrix and Zeppelin but not nearly as easy and fast as this), I see you practice a lot and it sounds great. Nice guitar also, I would really like to see some more but then also in a normal position so you can really show us what you have got.

BTW did you write any of your own songs, and if you did could you play them...and Incubus, know any of that..???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh ive written a few things, but i mostly just noodle about nowadays. when this new band gets kicked off, ill get the first gig recorded, along with the headlining band (which happens to be my old band....) and post some stuff :)

and wolf devil, im kinda flattered and worried that you think im sexy O_O. send the music to [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom