I Am Legend

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't say similar. I said the same. Big difference. Again, if she escaped the island by boat (which means she came from outside of Manhattan and didn't travel to the pier from within), she stole the same car she was driving around after she rescued Neville.

In any case, I can explain why she was driving the same car. She could have taken the Holland Tunnel, drove to New Jersey, and then went on her way.

Edit: Apparently, I'm not the only one noticing inconsistencies: http://and-still-i-persist.com/2007/12/15/i-am-legend-a-brief-review-with-spoilers/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh well. I still thought it was pretty good. None of that crap matters much to me.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya I laugh at people who look for the small little details of inconsistencies in movies. Its a movie its there for you to enjoy I could really care less if she got aboard one of those aircraft carriers and flew a god damn F18 to safe zone even if she didn't know how to fly one!

Good movie I enjoyed most of it and I'm sure Will Smith will win an oscar or something for this for sure.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are story-breaking inconsistencies that weren't in the source material. Having had read the source material, it's something that urks me.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This movie was very good.

I had an adrenaline rush from watching it in the theatres... that lasted a good 30 minutes after.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was.... I don't know... the first three quarters of the movie seemed great... then the woman showed up and it just all seemed... wrong. The woman showing up just made no sense to the feeling of the movie before that point. Plus I really found that the vampires/infected people got a lot less scary the more you watched, it also seemed a bit weird that Neville couldn't get his head around the fact that it was the same guy as before or that they could be capable of planning that kinda stuff.

Saddest point was the dog dying though... that **** almost made me cry... that's another thing that pissed me off, the fact that when the woman and the kid arrive, Neville seemed to forget all about his best friend for the past 3 years dying sending him suicidal... ugh

If there was any kinda message in the film, it wasn't the jesus/god symbolism, It was the whole speach about Bob Marley saying that you can cure everything with love. Well, personally I liked that message more... At least the song at the end of the film was awesome, Redemption song, that's one of my favourite songs of all time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was a decent film (I say decent because I have an imagination that tends to give me nightmares for weeks, and this movie fueled it), and that Will Smith did a good job acting. If I had access to the "I am Legend" graphic novel, or the novel in general, I'd probably read it.

The whole bit with wonderchick turning up and being a magical fairly from survivor-world seemed a bit ... out of place. Turning back the mutations would be a physical impossibility - it would be like un-toasting toast. Has any of you ever considered how one would un-toast toast?!

Got to agree with Davidskiwan on one bit there, saddest part in the film was when his dog died. I mean, the dog died defending him, and he was his only companion (I say died defending him because he got bitten, and at that point, he was already dead - just unaware of the fact).

All in all, because I very rarely love films, so I give this a 6,5. I don't think I've given more than four tens in my life (after having watched at least over a hundred movies).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, will smith is a great actor, one of the few left.

there are a few things i didnt get that were maybe explained in the book.

1. why was the leader, THE leader. was it just that he was stronger?
2. why could he learn but the other "peons" couldnt? Plot Twist: you know, the part where he mimicked will smiths spring trap.
3. was the chick in the book as well? she DID seem out of place.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) There really wasn't any leader per say in the novel. There was a vampire named Ben Cortman who shows up at sunset, yells "COME OUT, NEVILLE!" until sunrise, and then leaves, though. In the novel, they know where Neville leaves and they all hang out in front of his house on cloudy days and when the Sun isn't shining. Ben Cortman basically just taunts him everyday while female vampires take off their clothes and try to lure Neville out with their t&a. Since they're not feeding while doing all of that, they end up cannibalizing the weakest of the vampires there.

2) The vampires in the novel aren't morons and are able to speak. There are two distincts groups of vampires, one of which has more of a hive mentality than the other, but they're still capable of higher thought.

3) I don't know if the chick was a new character or if they changed the female vampire spy one of the groups of vampires sent after Neville. I really don't want to spoil the book, but if you want, I'll explain why he is Legend.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was great, until it turned in to Resident Evil.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The movie sucked. For anyone who thinks otherwise read the book then tell me your opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally liked it. The message it sent was very good, not the God message, but the don't **** with genomes one or it will get us ****ed over. I do want to read the book now to see the differences, but for now I enjoyed this movie very much.

One criticism I have is that it was too short. They could have made it a full 2 hour movie and made it much better I think.

Edit: actually there's a bit more...The grenade thing. Frag grenades don't explode in a ball of fire. Also the whole car thing: I'm pretty sure it was a different car at the end. It looked like a Subaru maybe? I think Will Smith had a Ford, but I'm pretty sure that she had a different car. Not that it changes the fact HOW she got out of New York (or in for that matter).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Genome research is awesome. It just can't be done on a large scale for a few centuries.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally liked it. The message it sent was very good, not the God message, but the don't **** with genomes one or it will get us ****ed over. I do want to read the book now to see the differences, but for now I enjoyed this movie very much.

One criticism I have is that it was too short. They could have made it a full 2 hour movie and made it much better I think.

Edit: actually there's a bit more...The grenade thing. Frag grenades don't explode in a ball of fire. Also the whole car thing: I'm pretty sure it was a different car at the end. It looked like a Subaru maybe? I think Will Smith had a Ford, but I'm pretty sure that she had a different car. Not that it changes the fact HOW she got out of New York (or in for that matter).
She wasn't driving Neville's car when she saved him because it had been flipped over. She had been waiting in that spot in whatever car she had up until he showed up. I'm amazed at how the vampires decided to just leave her alone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because... SHE'S A WEREWOFL! A WEREWOFL WITH AMAZING WEREWOFLING POWERS!

All jokes aside, I didn't really notice this, as I was too busy being scared.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually didnt think about the grenade thing before. good point.

for the few of you, this isnt the author directing the movie. its a completely different person. of course theres gonna be changes. dont base its quality off of what you read.

I'm amazed at how the vampires decided to just leave her alone
another good point. i was so wrapped up in the dog death thing that i didnt think about that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said before, the movie was ok until the chick showed up. I can understand changing things around, especially since it's a Hollywood flick, but they broke the ending. When you get to the explanation as to why Neville is a legend, it'll blow you away. It isn't anywhere near as bad as, the "Yeah, he pulled a Neo and sacrificed himself to save humanity" crap they threw together. Everyone I've talked to (most of whom haven't read the book) seems to have enjoyed the movie up until the point where they completely changed everything in favor of having a fairy tale ending.

I read that they may actually re-shoot the ending and throw it on DVD, so it's not like they believe it's the best they could have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom