HUGE news for DBZ fans!!

Best answers
And finally! The game we've all been waiting for! DBZ: SAGAS (PS2)! Finaly Atari has made a third-person adventure game for the DBZ seires of games! It looks sweet, but I have a feeling that it wil not live up to the expectations of esf fans...(Like me) But I think it will still be a great game! Here is the link for the review on Gamespy:

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/dragonball-z-sagas-evolution/579540p1.html

What do you think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im fairly sure he was being sarcastic...

but yeh, its old news, theres been 3 threads on it already

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, look on the other pages of the Video Game forum and you'll see the DBZ: Sagas thread.

I think the game will be good as long as they focus on the combat system and keep it as true to the show as possible. It looks in dire need of a lock-on system.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game we've all been waiting for! DBZ: SAGAS (PS2)! Finaly Atari has made a third-person adventure game for the DBZ seires of games!
Not to be rude, but I don't remember ever saying, "Man...DBZ...it would be PERFECT if it only had a 3rd person adventure game!" Still, it looks pretty decent. Maybe we're getting half-decent DBZ games to make up for all the bad ones?

Best answers
Is it me or does the Goku model look rubbish?

I totally aggree with you on that one. And the hair isn't even close! He looks more like Mistic Gohan.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything looks rubbish. They photosourced cel-shaded pictures, but there is no cel-shader.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well thats what happens when its no where near being complete

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Not to be rude, but I don't remember ever saying, "Man...DBZ...it would be PERFECT if it only had a 3rd person adventure game!" Still, it looks pretty decent. Maybe we're getting half-decent DBZ games to make up for all the bad ones?
Seconded. They'll make more and more crappy games to milk the series as much as the owners of Pokemon did.

And just one question about this game... what the **** is this?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The weird thing is they said its coming out in March. Could they possibly make a decent game out of what i consider to be absolute crap in 2 and half months?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it has a lot of potential, but so far I haven't seen a single screeny that I couldn't find fault with. The animations look flimsy, The character models need some serious tuning, Piccolo's portrait looks like he could handglide with his ears, and they need to rethink the sprites they're using, that soft glowing white stuff on every screenshot reminds me of Pokemon more than DBZ. Considering the review said it was going to capture the DBZ experience, they need to work pretty hard in the next two months to make the game live up to that promise.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like a steaming hot load of crap.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Seconded. They'll make more and more crappy games to milk the series as much as the owners of Pokemon did.

And just one question about this game... what the **** is this?
its goku with a messed up haircut... man that looks weird..,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the models and effects and portaits need a lot of work done on them. The levels and enemy variation looks good though, and destructable scenery for a DBZ game is like milk for a milkman. I like the look of the blue 'evolved' Saibaman too, and the levelling up/stats system.

Probably worth a purchase when they get it together :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
id imagine the final version would be cell shaded

something like dbz just screams for a budokai style cell shading

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it worked quite well in B3, and I don't even like Cel Shading.

I think the 'game we've all been waiting for' was once described in another forum as 'GTA: San Andreas meets Budokai 3'...and this sort of looks like that. With destructable scenery and levelling up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom