HTC One X vs Galaxy S3

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Recently I found out that I can get a new phone with the phone contract I have. I'm going to choose between the HTC One X or the Galaxy S3. I've checked up a lot of reviews, and I'm still somewhat unsure what to choose. Got any suggestions or tips?

So far I'm leaning to the S3 seeing it has better battery (2100) over the HTC One X (1800).

The S3 has better image / recording quality (also more framerates) and launches apps and plays games better than the One X. On top of that, the One X has no MicroSD support nor being able to change the battery while you can on the Galaxy S3.

So.. tips?

Last edited:
Best answers
Galaxy S3. Not only is S3 better because of the things you wrote, but also Samsung tends to release Android updates a bit more often than HTC and that's a great +
The advantages of One X over S3 are that better built quality of One X(but then again you can't even change the battery) and the Sense UI which I prefer over Touchwiz - you can always change the launcher or the ROM though, so that's not a permanent advantage.

I suggest you go to a store which has both models and try them out - see which one appeals to you more. It's better to see them hands-on rather than just reading reviews.

Last edited:
Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I agree with 4. He's listed just about every pro and con.. I've heard great things about both phones, so you can't REALLY go wrong either way, but if I was picking one, I would go with Samsung. That's more so because I've never had an issue with their phones, and while I haven't owned an HTC myself, a close friend of mine did and he had a few issues with it.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My personal opinion is the S3, I'm getting one Tuesday
The fact you can't change battery or expand the memory in the HTC is dumb

My old HTC has some wear issues with it's real buttons and I know others with the same problem

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Never really had issues with my HTC Sensation nor the HTC Magic I had before it. That is until I accidentally submerged it in salty water (The Black Sea)... after that the Power button stopped working and also my phone freezes 8/10 times someone calls me and I ain't even sure why. Anyhow...they are both Android platforms so as stated before you can't go wrong with either and even though I have a HTC I would go with the S3 as I've heard and seen the S2 in action and thought it was somewhat better than mine.

PS: Also if lets say you dont like it you can just change the ROM...There are step by step guides on XDA Forums and tons of Android ROMs you can switch to. Therefore buy the S3 as it seems more mechanically sound. The Sense UI can be integrated through a different ROM.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a S3, got the white one on release day. (after playing around with it for a while)
Pebble blue was delayed and I already didn't like it. Though now that I've seen the metallic blue one, I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't wait.

For the most part the pro's and con's are already listed here. I'm mostly a fan of the huge ass battery. The one x will perform better if you don't use the phone a lot, it has a fived little core that takes care of the standby mode. but if you're an "active" user, go with the S3. The the swapable SD card makes it a bit more media friendly and 64gb exfat is a nice little addition to have.
I still find the one x to be the better looking phone, but then again, looks are a minor detail. You are usually looking at your screen anyway. Looks are only important in the first few days when you have the phone and you want to show it off a little ;)

One thing HTC does has going for it though is way better customer support. So if you buy it from one of the cheaper carriers (The ones that aren't store based) repairs/support will be faster.

PS, if you're a music fan. Get the S3 - Audio output over the speakers and earphones are way better. Can't really say that "Beats by Dr Dre" does the HTC one X any good. Though I'm sure the reviews you read already pointed that out.
PS2, big hands are useful for this phone, this is why you should really try it in a store first. (Especially try to navigate with one hand :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom