Howing.. or not?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
super buu head on's are the worst.

super buu vs super trunks
super fast vs super slow

he would teleport across the map and charge at me.
rinse and repeat.
i was forced to try to hit him mid swoop (not a head on, from the side) or tele after him for a hit, which is VERY irritating.
i got around 7 hits on him, very fancy with side hits and back hits and all that. but he beat me with about 3 hits >_<.

head on's + speed = ubercheapwhore

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Actually, it's the slow characters that make the headons worse. With a fast character (such as Buu), you can suprise people and just knock them around. With them lame SSJTrunks' it's all falling back, charging and attack, which sucks.

I love Super Buu, you can own any hower with him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it can go either way i supose, he was using his speed to help him head-on/LSM.

i find that with trunks slow speed you cant rely on speed for hits, so you need to be more accurate and use teleports effectivly. ive been workin on both of these for a while now.

with really fast character... its very very hard to turn and get side hits because they are so freggin fast. most of the time you only have time to aim at them, swoop, and your already in their face. i think slower characters encourage more skillfull playing style.

Best answers
It dosn't really matter what anyone says, "HOW"ing is simply another way to try to win. If your a big "HOW"er, then chances are you dont play the game purly for fun, but to win instead.

"HOW"ing is just like using a disk, or any other, dubbed "cheap" attacks, its just an easier way than normal to win the game. For some, the entire point of playing a game is to win, for others, its for fun. Either way, you can't really condem someone for playing to win, can you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i duno about other people but i play to see how skillfull i can be. you win some you lose some. i know i cant beat EVERYONE i come across in the game. i also play for fun, and frankly if doing head-on's 24/7 was even remotely fun i would be doing it >_<. but the fact is, its boring as hell, plus the fact that it is easily counterable, makes it a waste of time and energy when i could be learning how to do more skillfull techniques.

Best answers
Oh, cool, let's all see how skillful we can be. On top of playing with one hand, why don't you never recharge? That would make you much more "l337" I'm sure. Go ahead, you'll be able to boast about that too. You don't want to be a cheap ki whore, do you!?

try another way *cough* not being some ki whore *cough*
I didn't think so. So everyone who complains about this, I suggest you should unbind your recharge key, and never use it. Then you'll be a real skilled master.

Actually, why don't you ban using energy attacks too? Yeah, that would make you not just a real skilled master, but an uber-skilled master.

Oh, wait, I've got one better. Why don't you refuse to use the melee attack button, and only use swoop to beat someone? That would take REAL skill, not just real skill or uber-skill.

In fact, I suggest you try and win with using ANY keys or ANY attacks!! That should make it really fun and skillful to play.

Is my point painted in bright enough colours and small enough words yet?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"howing" is just an easy road taken by those who think its the only way to beat someone. people have to put themselves in the opponents shoes, and see that its wrong to take advantage over someone trying to avoid such a tactic :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
Oh, cool, let's all see how skillful we can be. On top of playing with one hand, why don't you never recharge? That would make you much more "l337" I'm sure. Go ahead, you'll be able to boast about that too. You don't want to be a cheap ki whore, do you!?

I didn't think so. So everyone who complains about this, I suggest you should unbind your recharge key, and never use it. Then you'll be a real skilled master.

Actually, why don't you ban using energy attacks too? Yeah, that would make you not just a real skilled master, but an uber-skilled master.

Oh, wait, I've got one better. Why don't you refuse to use the melee attack button, and only use swoop to beat someone? That would take REAL skill, not just real skill or uber-skill.

In fact, I suggest you try and win with using ANY keys or ANY attacks!! That should make it really fun and skillful to play.

Is my point painted in bright enough colours and small enough words yet?
ignorance is bliss i guess.

your sooo cuuuute!
*pats bihal's head*
go along now little guy. this thread is for the grown-ups

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pain, you should know better than to post those kinda things, i dont want to have to give out warnings, so please.. back on topic

Best answers
Hey, maybe he doesn't know better. From his age, he might have graduated from high school at this point in time.

My point doesn't seem to be getting to you though.
Ki based melee is the game.
If you don't like the game Pain, stop playing it.

But most of all, stop complaining about it so I can stop complaining about you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
Hey, maybe he doesn't know better. From his age, he might have graduated from high school at this point in time.

My point doesn't seem to be getting to you though.
Ki based melee is the game.
If you don't like the game Pain, stop playing it.

But most of all, stop complaining about it so I can stop complaining about you.
well i AM the toysRus kid

Pain said:
ignorance is bliss i guess.

your sooo cuuuute!
*pats bihal's head*
go along now little guy. this thread is for the grown-ups

MyStiX said:
i dont want to have to give out warnings, so please.. back on topic
sooooo getting back on topic, if your too stupid to realize that never charging up and playing with one hand has nothing to do with being a whore or the head-on variety and that it is indeed a cheap and noobish tactic than i have nothing to say to you. run along now little one.

Best answers
Maybe if I spell it out slowly you'll understand.

You complain a lot about "ki whores."

This is because sometimes they beat you. :O (I mean, let's face it, why else would you complain?)

Oh, right, because it's cheap.

So people beat you with it when they haven't been playing as long as you, and that's what you complain about. You call that cheap.

Something which is easier than what you do is cheap.

I put it to you, that if you play with one hand, then people that play with two hands will be cheap.

Let me try and make it simpler still.

Definitions:
head-on variety...is indeed a cheap and noobish tactic
Two-handed player: Someone who plays with two hands.
One-handed player: Someone who plays with one hand.

We already know this implication statement is true.

If someone is a "HOW", then they are cheap.

From this implication statement, we can derive that:
Something that can beat you and can be done by someone who is new = Cheap.

Let's try and prove another implication statement.

To prove an implication statement is true (but not vacuously true) you need to prove that, in the format "If A, Then B", A and B are both true statements.

If "you play with two hands", then "It is cheap."

The first one is true if you play with two hands. Simple enough.

The second statement is true only if, using our definition from above

"playing with two hands" is or equals "Something that can beat you and can be done by someone who is new"

Playing with two hands is something that can be done by someone new.
Playing with two hands will not always beat you however.
But, if you use one hand yourself, then playing with two hands will beat you. Thus, under these conditions, playing with two hands is, by definition, cheap.

Therefore, we can derive from this, that

If "You play with one hand", then "Playing with two hands is cheap."

Now I'm off to class.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look, it's cheap because they sit on their ass and charge until you swoop. Thus, giving them an advantage and they will always win a head-on against noobs-moderately skilled players.

I've found a way around it, which is to avoid head on contact =/. So... bleh.

-UltraPerfectCell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
You complain a lot about "ki whores."

This is because sometimes they beat you. :O (I mean, let's face it, why else would you complain?)

Oh, right, because it's cheap.

So people beat you with it when they haven't been playing as long as you, and that's what you complain about. You call that cheap.
you assume a lot for never have seen me in game.
1) i complain because it is irritating to have to go around the 'ki-whore' such as yourself. not that it matters but i only get beaten (rarely) by 'ki-whores' that are experianced, or in otherwords, not noobs/you.
2) lets face it, you cant stand people *****ing at you for your cheap moves, even though they slaughter you in game. and who can blame them? using your little logic sentance. If i suck then ill be cheap. or we can go, If kiwhoreA beats me than I will be a ki whore. thats some great logic. or who can forget,if im not good enough to pull off any hits that require skill then im just going to go head on and hope you dont move out of the way.
3) your ignorance speaks for itself but i will spell it out for you anyway.
your referance to 2 handed players vs one handed players is just..... retarted.
a) the game is meant to be played with 2 hands, one for movment, one for aiming. the game is not meant to be played by: insta-counter(the team fixed), ping-based headons(the team fixed), and your favorite ki-whoring(the team is fixing in 1.2)
b) we are talking about strategies, ki-whoreage vs skill. your little 1 hand vs 2 hand referance is off-topic.
c) ki-whoreage vs skill. playing style vs playing style IN GAME. how u manipulate the controls with TWO count em TWO hands.

now lets think about this, why would the team be taking out ki based melee in 1.2? the same reason they fixed the other MISTAKES they made. gee why isnt the team telling people to play with one hand? because its meant to be played with 2 hands... just like ANY other game. this applies to everyone unless you are unfortunate enough to only have 1 hand...

and lets just take a quick look at your logic, but this time logically

If you play with one hand and i play with 2 hands
then
you are retarted, i am a normal player.

using your comparison

if you ki-whore and i dont
then
you are retarted, i am a skilled player.

Best answers
Pain said:
If you play with one hand and i play with 2 hands
then
you are retarted, i am a normal player.

using your comparison

if you ki-whore and i dont
then
you are retarted, i am a skilled player.

You don't seem to make many actual arguments, only statements that are your opinion.

Retarded (since I think you meant that and not retarted) means

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=retarded

retarded

Retard \Re*tard"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Retarded; p. pr. & vb. n. Retarding.] [L. retardare, retardatum; pref. re- re- + tardare to make slow, to delay, fr. tardus slow: cf. F. retarder. See Tardy.] 1. To keep delaying; to continue to hinder; to prevent from progress; to render more slow in progress; to impede; to hinder; as, to retard the march of an army; to retard the motion of a ship; -- opposed to accelerate.

2. To put off; to postpone; as, to retard the attacks of old age; to retard a rupture between nations.

Syn: To impede; hinder; obstruct; detain; delay; procrastinate; postpone; defer."
hinder, obstruct, impede. All these things you are doing to your melee when you refuse to be the mythical "ki whore."

Therefore, I think you will find your melee is retarded.

I doubt you will see my point though. Say, I bet you live in America.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so my spelling isnt perfect, sue me. you know what i meant, thats good enough

the last resort of a person losing an argument is to nit-pick at his opponents argument. :p

point, Pain

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SoulStriker said:
It dosn't really matter what anyone says, "HOW"ing is simply another way to try to win. If your a big "HOW"er, then chances are you dont play the game purly for fun, but to win instead.

"HOW"ing is just like using a disk, or any other, dubbed "cheap" attacks, its just an easier way than normal to win the game. For some, the entire point of playing a game is to win, for others, its for fun. Either way, you can't really condem someone for playing to win, can you?

Since when has the disk been deemed cheap, and by who? It's banned from most servers becuase it crashes them. The disk is anything but cheap.. so slow... so small... anyone that's minimally paying attention will dodge it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Closed, the off topic argument has gone far enough, Bihal, Pain, watch what you post from now on, my eye is on you ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom