💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spam? yes.

Are you serious? No ****.

You're kidding me? No.. i'm not.

OMG, LEET HAX? Nope, but spam, yes.

No more of it, speak of "HOWing," not about Halorin. :S

Best answers
Bihal, you're wrong. Winning doesn't make you more skilled or better. Winning can come from HOWing, which I think we can all agree takes little to no skill. We can all HOW if we so choose, but we choose the harder, more skillfull path. If you're so blind to see that, maybe you're the stupid one?

Best answers
Me and Draylock would only say this. There is a button someone isnt using here......its the block button how about SWOOP INTO THE HOWER AND THEN OH YES YES...HERES A IDEA................PRESS BLOCK.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ForeverZero: I agree with you on that post 100%. People who choose NOT to "HOW," are obviously making more of an effort than people who choose to "HOW".

@SSJ Shin Carl: It's not as easy as it sounds. Once you're swooping, it's kind of hard to just stop and block in an instant. Especially when it depends what sort of ping you have.

Best answers
Everyone howls one way or another. even clan members.

If you dont howl some your not going to win. Lure the other person into the head on is the only way to win vs a pro. Because it is dodge charge wait dodge charge wait. person makes a attack that person teleport dodges and waits. There is no skill in the system right now it is just whoever charges more wins.

At least with the ping there was not as much howling and most of the good people always got from behind and side. But thanks to this version that is only good vs the avg player. This is why alot of people waiting on the next version. It may be a fair tatic on the ping. But it takes away the fun factor that alot of us liked.

In the old days me mystix bio and panther would fight so fast that people would not be able to keep up. There was no whoever had more ki wins. It was who got the hit in making the game 5x as fast. It was fun and a good battle would last 5-8 mins. I think that version was the prime of esf.

Best answers
i see nothing wrong with it. decent players dont fall for that trick anyway. and since when is it called HOWing? lol

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
So your one yourself? Havn't seen a single player defending it without being one himself.

"Decent players don't fall for it."

I really love the way you said that. I even love it that much, I'll just call it stupid. Seriously, just -read- some threads about it.

There's nothing to fall in, your being whored by someone who exploits the ki (melee) system. Now you can go all fancy and try side-hits, or you could ask 'Where's the skill' ?

Like NS said, there weren't any 'real' problems with 1.0. I actually loved it, it was about ping, though, but you didn't really have people who were known as "Own-server-only-player", like we do have the HOW thing going around.

If your battling with a hower, all that matters to him are hits and wins. You never, ever see a HOWer rape a public and get a fancy score. And why? Because he spends an average 5 minutes howing per enemy. Some people (like me) like to confuse players and get them from the side, or maybe even the back. But some 'howers' aren't really that stupid. They make sure they get a high sens, that the teleport binds are in handreach, and the charge button, by all means.

Now seriously, do you call that skill? I even pity people who call it a 'technique' or 'style'. It's pathetic, that's what it is. I suppose ranting about it isn't really helping it out.

Guess those were my few cents.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Forever that It is more skillful to choose a path that differs from that of the hower. However, once you get the hang of howers, it get's pretty easy to beat them. Each one has his own little style, and with it usually comes a weakness. You find that weakness and boom, it's over for them. Whenever i encounter a Hower, i assoiciate it with a free win, or kill.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i will usualy dodge a head-on, and while the person zooms past me i am right on his ass and slam him in the back when he stops. but the better players know whats up and teleport away, charge ki, and head-on again. just enough to win the head-on. that in itself is irritating, and forces me to concentrate harder when i really shouldnt have to. needless to say most of them will call you a name (omg noob/hacker!) after you pummel them and their tactic either way. i remember one server i was having a bit of a ping problem and i couldnt avoid hits as well, some kid beat me with head-ons and told everyone in the server i sucked. *sigh* god damn noobs :p

Mugen is right, anyone that defends head-ons is one. they just dont want to be told that they suck even though its true.... usually ill be nice about it if i come across a head-on kid. i wont say anything ill just fight them a bit and not say a word. some other people with shorter tempers probably yell at them a lot. just the way life is.

Best answers
I dont even fight hardly anymore. I mean people that use to be no problem at all in last version just sits waits. Or makes a small burst attack stop charge waits. This is not melee this is the waiting game. Lets so who can wait longer. I fail alot of the time because i have better things to do then sit there and wait all day for the person to make the move.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's put it this way, a person with great skill using a technique that requires 50% of what you can do will be unstoppable. That sounds pretty cheap to me. Using such an easy technique clearly makes you less skillfull. There is NO question about that. Other types of so called "HOWs" are used with skill though. IMO, if you are lured into a "HOW," then it's your own fault. A person can still be good by "HOWing" if that person convinces you that you have him where you want him, then bam. This is what I like to call "playing smart." So, basically, if you're the non "HOWing" type of person, be aware that people can trick you. It's irritating, but it's still my/your own fault for falling into such a trap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Part of what mystix says is correct. If I wanted to, I could HOW anyone to the point of tears. I choose not to. I'm not sure what you mean by 'playing smart,' though. Do you mean making someone think you have less KI than you actually do?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What i'm trying to say about playing smart, is pretty much tricking the person. Kinda like what you said, GMan. Also, by luring people into thinking they have them where they want them. People have different styles of playing. Some are skilled and take practice to perfect, and some just take patience and absolutely NO skill. All the skill you need for something like that is holding E and waiting.

Best answers
only aceptable how is an acidental one. Game mechanics are all wrong for the way head ons work. The fact that u can tele and charge the amount of ki used in that tele before some one can even swoop that distance is just all wrong. I have been trying lately to not even do head ons, if i see my self going head on with some one i turn to the side, and go in for a side, top, or bottom hit.

Best answers
Well still having to charge every sec makes the gameplay slow down by alot. Plus i could dodge all day and try to lure. But thats no fun at all really

Best answers
So..using easy techniques (despite the fact that
"Howing" isn't a technique in 1.1, it's the ****ing game) makes you skillful. I've got a suggestion for you.

Why don't you raise your skill to the next level by binding your movement keys to extreme parts of your keyboard, and only play with one hand? Then you'll be able to ***** about all those THuGs (Two Handed Gamers) and EKieS (Easy Key Setup), and mention many, many, many times how awesome you are, and how cheap using two hands is.

Can any of you see over your inflated ego's to my point?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal, no one is stopping you from doing what you want. Simply letting you know that it's "cheap".

Let's look at it this way:

Every gun in the game takes 10 bullets to kill someone. But then there is a machine gun that only takes a shot to kill anyone.

If everyone is using a normal machine gun, and you are the only one using that machine gun wich is in the game. You don't think it's cheap? I mean, it's OBVIOUS. Taking an easy way to do something is cheap, and always will be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate it when this happens in a game:

Dont use this!
dont use that!

This just suck hate those ppl...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said before, no one is telling you NOT to do it. Please read before you post.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
When people hear something's 'cheap', they feel offended because that's all they do. They find out how melee works, and just go by numbers.

"Whoa, got 29/30 of my ki left, better run off and charge it before I lose a headon"

"OMG I missed my tele-attack and I need to go charging now, everything is based headon, can't win!!!11111!!!"

It's cheap, whoring, whatever you like to name it. If you want to go for wins and obselete pwnage in 1on1s, go for that cheap stuff, that helps. If you want to have fun and fight with valor, try another way *cough* not being some ki whore *cough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom