Howing.. or not?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Oh, right. I've been going through the forums quite a bit, and I've already seen you 'resign' from ESF. Perhaps I missed the chapter of you coming back, but oh well. I remember people calling you things and such, and you had it, quit the game.

If you HOW, you suck. It's not too hard to remember, now is it? I can't really judge you since I never played against you, but from what I hear, your definitely one. Noone prevents you from playing if you, noone at all, just don't be suprised if people start calling you hower because that's all you do.

It's the way you play that makes people call you names. Do you pwn the server left handed? Your a hacker, lamer, cheater, whore. If you start candying/lasering people, your a aimbot, auto-aim, etc.

Stop defending it, just because it's the core of the melee system. If you had a game like Unreal, or Quake, would EVERYONE take the sniper because it's "OMFG l33t PWNZORS!" ? No, they won't, because it sucks. Rocket launcer, same story. It's not like they all take the huge weapon and start nuking everyone with it.

Same story with melee, everyone loves howing because it's simple and everyone can do it (Take that rocket launcer for example, same story).

There's no stopping them, either they change melee, or we're forced to shut up. Personally, along with any decent ESF player alive, I hate that howing crap.

Discussing about it again won't really solve the problem, I guess it's as useless as howing is.

Best answers
i really hope that "melee-howing" will stop in the next betu during the advancedmelee system. But they will just find something else to call howing. i have even tryed fighting a guy that called me a hower because i teleported away from him for like 3 secs in a melee fight to refill my kibar..

Best answers
unknown said:
i really hope that "melee-howing" will stop in the next betu during the advancedmelee system. But they will just find something else to call howing. i have even tryed fighting a guy that called me a hower because i teleported away from him for like 3 secs in a melee fight to refill my kibar..
There will always be something cheap out there to the other person. There has to be.. Im guessing I will hear this in the next beta.. "Throw Whore!" :S

Best answers
Bi0 Brolli said:
There will always be something cheap out there to the other person. There has to be.. Im guessing I will hear this in the next beta.. "Throw Whore!" :S
agreed, doesn't mean you have to go and defend that concept... :\

people should realize that those who actually use these weaknesses, such as howing and such.... S U C K... no other way around it. heck, i used it myself for a while when i returned from a trip... only to realize how pathetic i was for using it for a while....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, little brother(lynxy, teh f00) showed me some demo (Old Kenshin, right? Or wasn't that you?). Kind of howing here and there, not really 100%, just alot, that's my thought tho.

Anyway, like he said, Howing sucks. I can't really make up an "and such", but LSM seems to be a disturbing thing as well. You can brag about how "omfg you can't get around it and thats it", doesn't mean it doesn't suck. Everyone new in ESF now asks people how melee works, they get told it's about ki, and thus, another hower added to the game.

Anyway, let's hope those people realize someday that it's completely skill-less, and quit it.

Best answers
Mugen said:
Anyway, let's hope those people realize someday that it's completely skill-less, and quit it.
exactly....... but sadly, its those same people who think they're gods of the game just because they use that technique ;\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I'm concerned, this is a dead issue. Why?

Well, it's been beat to death. There's three groups of melee users in ESF.. 1) The HOWers who consist of noobs who don't know much better; the lazy *****es; the laggy people who couldn't even swoop to save their life; and the ape clan, which doesn't have an excuse since they are trained players. 2) The non howers, usually the 'inbetweeners' like clan SL or the now defunct IoD. 3) The politically correct anti-howing extremists like most of the people in all the clans I've been in.

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to make the howers realize that it shouldn't be done just because it's there, it's pointless. Allow me to use a very old GIF to sum up this post.

Best answers
I will never condone a style where the person who has better reflexes (thus they swoop first) loses. I perform way more actions per minute than any of these ki abusers, and it sickens me to put 200% effort into the game to lose to someone who is using 50% effort. Beating a HOWer without HOWing has been my mission ever since I arrived here, and I will never stop, and I will beat it one day... If you people think its so easy, go ahead and try it... I guarantee you run into a brick wall. Then you will know what I mean by finding a way around it is next to impossible. When you have 100 times better aim than somebody, and you side-hit the hell out of them the entire time, hitting them into walls... And all they do is HOW you five times and laugh at you, do you know how aggravating that is? No, you don't, because you'll never be this good... So just keep on HOWing in your skilless bliss... ::sighs::

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"HOWing" is kinda frustrating. I stopped doing it all, because I feel a lot more skillfull now, instead of just managing my KI, (witch anyone can do) but for those who do "HOW," they must be told to please stop. It's never going to solve anything if you just yell at the person and call them names or something. (Talking from experience) If they want to debate on it, debate with that person. Don't flame things up. If the person doesn't listen, and continue's to "HOW" or "LSM," then you already know what this guy is about, so you don't need try any further, you're the one trying to avoid such an easy, yet effective technique, while they take no effort into beating the opponent. That's what makes "HOWing" cheap.

Best answers
HOWing is not cheap. It's part of the game. If you waste your ki by teleporting around in circle and DON'T get the hit, then it really is your own fault, no one elses. And it's not as easy as you would think, especially not if you can actually play the game. People have mentioned all kinds of techniques for beating other players. Use one of those. Personally, I just play, and I play to win. I mean, what do you want? Melee where neither of you has any ki?

I remember one particular game, where I came into a server (an American one, so it was laggy for me) and there was a Super Saiyan there who was winning. I ended up meleeing him at one stage. I swooped at him, and he teleported away, and swooped away. I continued to just swoop, in a straight line at him, again and again (being it was so laggy I couldn't really do much else.). I took him about two minutes ot hit me. If he had just swooped at me, he could have hit me and had more ki than me everytime.

You decide which one is more of a waste of time.

Best answers
And I forgot to say before, that I don't think "howers" are more arrogant. You find far more people talking about how "cheap" and beneath them "howing" is. Personally, I think that's pretty arrogant. Or maybe we just see more of it because they're the ones who post a lot on the forums?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think people have the right to have an attitude if what they are doing is harder and takes more knowledge of the game/ingame practice/reflexes than something else..

Best answers
oh, of course, I forgot. It's okay to be arrogant if you're..arrogant about it. There is such a thing as being gracious about your abilities, because no matter how good you are, there is someone out there that will beat you.

Yes, there is.

That's right, there is.

That's what I said, yes.

I know you don't believe it.

Yes, I know you think you're god.

Just think about it, would you really like someone grinding your face into the dirt when you lose just because they're better than you?

There is such a thing as a positive attitude. Arrogance is a bad attitude.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont want your face mashed in the dirt?
get better

Yes, that's it.

That's right, get better.

That's what I said, yes.

I know you don't believe it.

Yes, I know you think you're pathetic head-ons are nothing much.

Just think about it, would you really get called names if you didn't suck?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a hower...
hahaha.. omg.. you people come up with the most messed up terms.. you people who made that up make me laugh..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the person (Halorin) that made up that term would probably make you cry if he so desired. also he has asked that that term no longer be used.... ive tried to follow his wishes but you guys.... psh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How would he make him cry? By beating him in a video game? I hardly beleive that would make a normal human being cry, If you have such a weak mind, to the point where something like losing in a video game would make you cry, well, then I pity you my friend.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was hinting to Hals ability at verbal assault not gameplay.... and i wasnt serious about the crying thing.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, in that sense, you might be right. I know you weren't serious man, I was just trying to be a smart ass. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom