How to implement Gotenks...plz read.

Best answers
RyuKaiser it is a good idea to have people linking in game but it isnt really possible unless you are going to be playing LAN only games.The problems created by syncin two connections in the game(read:hella lag)or the fact that someone has to relinquish control during the fusion just wont sit with most people,except maybe in games with friends.
Personally FM and my ideas(allthough to be fair to FM he had it first)are far simpler to implement because they only require a bit more work when it comes to animating the models together and because one person chooses goten and/or trunks together and then they fuse later on as a transformation thier is no horrid lag probs or people having to sit spectator.
very easy to do,I dont know people are so against it,I think it would be cool to have another choice of character and something else to fight against,just equates to a half height double width model because of the two little guys
:] ;D :D :yes:

Best answers
i know you should make it so that you have the 2 peeps and wen their close enough and the both want to fuse each person pushes a button and if with in a certain amount of time the other person pushes the button they fuse but in stead of being 1 the both peeps model changes to the fused charcter but their both playing at the same time if u understand wat i mean:shocked:

Best answers
I didn't mean syncing two characters together. If you read the post closely I said something very much differently, here, I'll post a scene:

A Vegeta flies down and lands on top of a sky s****er or a hidden area (Peppercity), he just kind of stands there, he's on team good.

A Goku sees Vegeta on his team, he's also on team Good, he flies over to Vegeta, and lands beside him, the players both press the fuse button on their keyboards and they fuse, BUT] they don't become one, the players stay seperate, but now after the fuse, Vegeta has become Vegetto, and Goku has become Gogeta, both players fly off and begins blowing the evil team apart.

You see? The players are COMPLETELY seperate, but they gain Gogeta and Vegetto on their player select, thus furthering team work, however, the "Random" option on the menu would be taken out, and in it's place, the "Extra Characters" menu would be available, so you don't just have to pick the new fused characters. However, we cannot forget the one item that allows the actual fuse: Potarra Earrings. My idea is to scatter these around the map, and to NOT allow fusion without this key item. I know a few, if not many of the fusions don't require the potarra earrings, but it would keep from everyone just flying around and fusing, and yes, both characters would need the earrings to pull off the fuse. But also, my plushie idea works out for every character, because there is no Nail or Kami in this mod for Piccolo, and Gohan doesn't fuse.

It's also been my idea to just remove trunks and put in the non transformed Gotenks (If you've played DBZ - Hyper Dimension on the SNES, you'll know what I mean) and thus, the small children which would be weaker than the others on their own, become equal level to the others because of the already done fusion. And yes, Gotenks would have Trunks' Sword, since it seems like a valuable asset.

~Ryu

Best answers
I like Fm's idea where an npc comes out of the sky when your ready/have enough power to fuse. It seems like a good idea all you need is models animation and the coding, so you dont have who controls who problems =)

Best answers
Ok, for those that still don't get the two in one fusion thing the first poster was talking about. I'll explain it.

He probably got this idea from the BFP model of Gotenks, where you pick Gotenks, and then you are both Goten AND Trunks standing side-by-side. They are basically, one model for all intents and purposes.

For a pic, go <a href="http://bfprevelation.multimania.com/contenu/models/fusions.html">HERE</a> and look at the first pic. These models are for BFP though, so you don't need to download them.

Goten and Trunks have the Kamehameha attack and they charge it in-between the two of them. They are animated to do attacks together etc.

Best answers
Y not Have one person fusses and the character with more power takes control and the othere person dies so one in like Goteks and the othere character say Trunks just restarts as trunks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom