How do you go around beating charge whores?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i've found recently more and more people that like to run away in a melee battle, charge and wait for you to attack so they can hit you. Just wondered if anyone has a nice and simple way around this and if they are willing to share. If not, fair enough, but it'd be cool if you did :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the way I deal with it is to approach them without swooping but with turbo on. Right when I'm a certain distance away, I give three quick teleports and as the last one completes I break into a swoop and nail the guy. It takes a lot of practice but it seems to work, because by the time they realize what is happening, you are within the minimal swoop range and swooping yourself, so they can't swoop and hit you back based off the ki trick. While I assume this tactic is blockable, I have never had it blocked.

It in fact works very well for getting people to leave me alone. hehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i was thinking of doing something with a close range teleport into a punch/kick, but this sounds real good aswell. Thanks, i'l have to give it a go. Anyone else? :smile:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
if they really do it for purpose then do it by yourself to, maybe they stop then. otherwise try to teleport behind them and kick them

Best answers
well... one way is to try and get em off guard... like teleporting up to em... or... try to get em from a side or the bottom where the ki balance thing doesnt apply in melee... if i remember correctly...dont melee much now cause of 4-9 fps

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yeah, ive tried those things but im not excactly on about the people that stay still for too long. I'm on about the people that run away and stay on high ki and charge for about a second, and by the time you reach them, they just make a short swoop at you, if they swoop at all. I've tried teleporting behind them but they just run away again.
(Yeah, eye laser might just work, and i play piccolo loads :laff: )

Best answers
Unfortunately, there is no easy counter to a style like this. The greatest of us still struggle to deal with it every day and most have given up. The only advice I can offer is complicated. You can chase them furiously and if you know you're about to be whored, move out of the way and quickly turn in the direction that they went flying past. Soon enough you'll get adept at reading which way they are going to run and you can be there right away. After about 3-4 times of this, the guy gets nervous because his ki is dropping and he's not sure if he will win the next whore, so he will charge up for a little bit longer and that's when you nail him. The guy will usually try to aim at you more carefully now, so change what you do, start throwing in random well-placed teleports to confuse him, turn on turbo and hover to either side to dodge him, then resume strategy #1. If you get frustrated and there's nothing you can do, switch to generic beam and do quick short blasts. A half-charged generic beam is enough to blast someone out of a swoop, and if you do enough of them and make good use of area of effect explosion damage, you can win. You could also just throw generic beams into your style for confusion during the actual fight, if you're confident of your quick switching/targetting abilities. Don't try block whoring against him, that probably won't work out for you. Also pay close attention to your speed. A guy like Piccolo has only 180, and if you are trying to beat a Buu who is whoring, you already have a disadvantage since he gets 220. Try Goku/Vegeta/Cell to even up the playing field. More strategies to stop this? You could try drifting, during your swoop let go of your swoop and start falling down/forward, you'll drift pretty fast and gain ki back. Also, I wouldn't interrupt my swoops with teleports TOO much. It seems like a great way to dodge a whore, but they've seen it too much. Try letting your swoops run out and then re-doing them immediately for extra confusion. And also, keep increasing your mouse sensitivity, I capped out around 17.5 and my windows sensitivity is about one notch above half-way. Any more than that and my hand starts twitching to control it, which is no good. Move around in patterns, don't just rely on a teleport/swoop straight in strategy. Try a quick teleport up/swoop down before they reach you, it's rare but it could work. Make good use of your radar, don't ever use mixed mode. An extremely cheap strategy would be to beam jump with a kamehameha or a mouthblast, it is *** but it works. Also, you could try whoring them back every now and then. Sometimes they will be convinced that you're not whoring them and then if you do, it will make them react to you even more. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, I still can't beat these guys as much as I'd like.

-FZERO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, thanks FZero. To be truely honest, i used to fight just like these guys and i know how hard it is for the other people to attack the guy. My last resort will probably be to start fighting like them half-way through the fight, which usually works. I'l give the drifts a try, i never thought about that ^_^

Thanks again
- Dan :smile:

Best answers
try shooting a cpl of ki blasts at them if they are still, then charge a generic beam, at this point they will think, ha hes not using melee, which is when you wait until the last minute to drop the beam in their face, the should at least stop or fall, since its a direct hit, then quickly select melee, and hit them, dont give a time to recharge, since you dont need to as they are stunned, and you will most likely have more ki than them at this point.

its either that or just keep teleporting around them to make them nervous, so fly up to them and dissapear, then come at a different direction, then dissapear, then on the 3rd or 4th time, hit them its a good way to throw them off.

you could also try flying towards them, when you see them move, stop and teleport to the side. then reengage and get them from behind, also a sharp direction change works, from forward to straight up or, then swooping back down on them.

Also another way, is to make them impatient, hang back too, and stand on the ground, they will either a charge a beam or b attack you, if they swoop to melee, jump at the last minute and jump hit them on the return.

for a beam, just zanzoken round it and slap him silly

hope this helps guys ^_^ just a few tips from my experience.

(its either that or charge up a really huge beam ;) )

Best answers
all i do is just teleport to a certain distance close to them and then i swoop around them and hit them

Best answers
most people that use that style suck against blocking. Try swooping at them then stopping, then turn on block. They should hit u, then you teleport above them and hit them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[SSJ]MyStIc said:
most people that use that style suck against blocking. Try swooping at them then stopping, then turn on block. They should hit u, then you teleport above them and hit them.
god damn yeah! blocking! such an obvious but good move. If someone hits you when your blocking they have to teleport away, knocking ki away forcing them to charge longer giving you more oppertunity. I just went onto a server with a guy who fought just like i explained up top and at first i was thinking of ways round it. Then i tried blocking and started to whoop him ^_^ (I called him a charge whore and he something on the lines of

"stfu you n00b, you have no idea what your talking about. You probably dont even know what your talking about"
i reply "yeah...i used to fight just like you" (which i fought like for a while, and he called me an uber n00b, i said your fighting just like it and he said some nasty stuff)

Thanks for the advice guys!

Best answers
When they stand still waiting for you to come... EYE LAZER!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom