How do I get RAM??

Best answers
Yea I know this guy is such a NOOB but seriosley how do I get more RAM? iim a uber noob when it comes to stuff like this. please help :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chack what and how much RAM U have, then go to comuter shop, tell them what type of RAM U use, and tell them how much U wanna buy (if U have 512MB, I reccomend U to buy 500MB more, so U have 1GB. It is good for all)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are your system specs? Can't say much without them.

1. Go to Start -> Run
2. Type "dxdiag" without quotes into the box and hit enter.
3. Click "Save All Information..." and save the text file to your desktop.
4. Email me the text file at [email protected] and I'll take a look at it and get back to you.

Edit: Okay, now how much RAM are you going for? 1 GB, or 2 GB?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go to the start menu, click on Run, enter 'cmd.exe', and then type 'more RAM' into that window.

Some people would try to tell you that RAM comes from a store, but it really comes from typing 'more RAM' into the command line. It may not work the first time, but keep at it.

Oh, and in the spirit of not being an *******, RAM comes from a computer store, and it goes inside your computer. The four slots on the bottom right are where RAM goes in. It usually goes in pairs, with slots 1 and 3 being one pair, and 2 an 4 being another (these two are usually empty and are used for expanding the amount of RAM a system has). The RAM you buy has to be the right kind of RAM for your computer, and it has to run at a certain speed to work well with your computer, but Spunky is already getting to that...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. All I need to know now before I recommend him some RAM is how much he wants/needs. He'll have to buy at least 1 GB though if he wants more than 512 MB, since the RAM I'll end up recommending will run like **** if put in parallel to the RAM he already has.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's regular DDR then i'd recommend increasing to 2gb. 1gb really doesn't seem to cut the mustard these days.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While looking, I found a kickass deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141064

It's 2 GB, but for the price of what really good 1 GB sticks usually cost. And the reviews on that RAM aren't too bad. Just make sure that before you buy it, you have someone to install it for you. I won't walk you through that because I honestly don't have the patience, but I also don't want to see you go and **** something up. So just make sure you don't waste your money.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1GB im going for sorry for the late post
It's up to you, but RAM isn't all that expensive anymore, and 1GB will start being iffy pretty soon here. Also, you can get 2GB for about 1.5x the cost of getting 1GB, so you may as well just save the extra and get more. It's up to you, but I'd recommend going for 2GB unless you are planning on getting a whole new rig in the next year or two.

Edit: Oh, looks like this got sorted out between the time I wrote this, had coffee, and posted.

Newegg said:
Pros: Cheap, really cheap.
lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom