Homeworld 2 Demo

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I just downloaded it and I hafta say its friggen awsome, go download it and give it a shot, even if your not a fan of rts game, cant wait for the full game.

Best answers
i played the first one it looked cool but it was soooo hella boring ill try the second one though maybe it is worth something this time.

i like rts games though

my favorites are
cnc generals and emperor battle for dune.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy crap dude Homeworld owns nearly every game out there, I still play the first one and was to lazy to get Cataclysm, I never beat the first one yet anyways >.< but the battles with some nice big ass laser ships is pricess.

Best answers
ehhhh i just got done with part 2 looks nicer a lil odd cause the controls are diff now. but this one looks more decent than the original. instead of building one ship at a time you get squadrons which i like. and graphics are much nicer but still its too frustrating cause its space so you can have ships above you below you anywhere around you they can be yours or enemy. and its hard to mobilize entire armys this game. i like westwood games cause its easy to control real easy! so you can bust your own tactics and have huge ass battles. since you can control hundreds of units. but these types of games and blizard games really frustrate me. mainly for their controls and seconds cause your only ment to build small armys.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I never beat the 1st one either, I got cataclysm, but lost it b4 i had the chance to play, cant wait for hw2

Best answers
its a game with lil spaceships its an rts game so you build armys and kill your enemies with them mean while collecting money to build those armys.

ummm i dont recommend it but i bet a lot of people would.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm.. Sounds interesting, strategy eh.. I may download.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved the original Homeworld - the idea of full 3D Movement was neat, it had so many tactical advantages, and watching the fighters swarm and the freighters fire off massive cannons was always neat, plus, Hyperspace Jumping added some great strategy/evil-ness to the game. Can't wait to see this one, will add on an edit after I install and give it a whirl ;)

EDIT - Tried it and...WOW, they added unit upgrades, and the neat fact is that you need the addons to the mothership/carriers to create more ships, which, IMO, also makes the carriers a bit more necessary. Can't wait for the full version!

Best answers
yeah HW is soo damn sweet but i gotta d/l the demo overnight ... meh is teh 56k slut o_o

Best answers
Doesn't seem to be that much different from the first one - slightly better graphics, slightly different interface, basically the same engine.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom