HOLY ****ING **** WATER FOUND ON THE ****ING MOON!!!!1!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why are people talking about the *use* of water on the moon..? Of course it's not going to serve any use to us that's not important, the important part is understanding the moon and where it came from
I've always personally been curious to whether we can could use other planets/moons for resources. Of course, current technology would be very expensive to transport significant amounts of water frequently. But even though I am very curious about how things are created in space, one day we may need to find another planet to live on.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always personally been curious to whether we can could use other planets/moons for resources. Of course, current technology would be very expensive to transport significant amounts of water frequently. But even though I am very curious about how things are created in space, one day we may need to find another planet to live on.
Actually providing we find the correct use of the resources we can get from space it may drop the rpice of all that to something you can afford for a vacation trip.

The sear fact that we have no idea what we can get from it is whats keeping us from trying. We have enough technology to build colonies in space. But since we have no iea what weed get from that we calculate that stuff as a totall loss to the budget resulting in "Not worth it at the time" We first need to find stuff we can use. Then we can move on :p

And finding some frozen water droplets on the moon is not really what we should be looking for ^^;

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Actually providing we find the correct use of the resources we can get from space it may drop the rpice of all that to something you can afford for a vacation trip.

The sear fact that we have no idea what we can get from it is whats keeping us from trying. We have enough technology to build colonies in space. But since we have no iea what weed get from that we calculate that stuff as a totall loss to the budget resulting in "Not worth it at the time" We first need to find stuff we can use. Then we can move on :p

And finding some frozen water droplets on the moon is not really what we should be looking for ^^;

Is this what humanity is looking for? :)
Image was taken by the MRO on the Valles Marineris during the Martian summer.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

you said weed ;D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With comets made out of ice flying round space. Tell me you seriously didnt think there would be no water there >.<
You know, there are lots of other ices in the solar system besides water ice. Solid ammonia, for instance, is found in the vicinity of the Jovian planets, as well as solid methane (an organic compound!) and a host of other compounds that, in standard conditions on Earth, would be liquids or gases. Planetary scientists and astronomers just collectively refer to all of them as "ices". I think they also make up a large part of a comet's nucleus, as well.

I think it's more that those in the know are interested by the presence of water ice on bodies that are more or less analogous to terrestrial planets. The Moon, from what I recall, can fit into that category. A comet doesn't.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check and mate, Grega.

edit: Oh, and can a mod please change the topic title to, "HOLY ****ING **** WATER FOUND ON THE ****ING MOON!!!!1!!!!". Thanks.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, there are lots of other ices in the solar system besides water ice. Solid ammonia, for instance, is found in the vicinity of the Jovian planets, as well as solid methane (an organic compound!) and a host of other compounds that, in standard conditions on Earth, would be liquids or gases. Planetary scientists and astronomers just collectively refer to all of them as "ices". I think they also make up a large part of a comet's nucleus, as well.

I think it's more that those in the know are interested by the presence of water ice on bodies that are more or less analogous to terrestrial planets. The Moon, from what I recall, can fit into that category. A comet doesn't.
True that there are loads of ices flying round space. But there is allso water ices flying round. Think of it H2O isnt really that hard a combination. Especially since there is quite a lot of Hydrogen out there. Basically it all depends from Oxygen ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A place with no atmosphere what so ever and huge extremes of temperature in the lunar day and night. Nice idea dude! Good luck.
NASA told me it's nice on the moon....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom