HL2

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. HL2 doesnt even support half the changes we did to HL1, because of the limitations placed on it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Way I see it even if a way was discovered, at this point it wouldn't be worth it. ESF already looks in a way better than half-life 2

Best answers
only state why should it? check the look o:O its so amazing looking there is NO need for another engine or something. besides....then it clearly would take another 20years>_>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see any of you helping speed up the process. So I do not believe there is room to complain on the development process and length.

Best answers
speed up process? as far as u remeber i and some other did the try! myself tried to do some models.....because you get no support or usefull comments or anything its not easy to help a team which blocks themself from receiving help

and the 20years arent that bad of a expectation....i say for sure that for the next 3 years we shouldnt expect anything! and in 3 years the mod dies and we get nothing.....like on all other mods which have been developing for so long

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Remember that HL1 is just base of the ESF... HL1 uses like one of the oldest OpenGL versions... Devs hacked and remade the HL1 (sorry the engine of the HL1) , so now it uses one of the newest OpenGL's. And you can see the difference between oldest and newest already... Newest OpenGL is like DirectX11 only other lanauage. So the hl1 and hl2 engine doesn't matter at all at this point.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember that HL1 is just base of the ESF... HL1 uses like one of the oldest OpenGL versions... Devs hacked and remade the HL1 , so now it uses one of the newest OpenGL's. And you can see the difference between oldest and newest already... Newest OpenGL is like DirectX11 only other lanauage. So the hl1 and hl2 engine doesn't matter at all at this point.
We did no such thing as hacking and recreating HL1 >.>

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Remember that HL1 is just base of the ESF... HL1 uses like one of the oldest OpenGL versions... Devs hacked and remade the HL1 , so now it uses one of the newest OpenGL's. And you can see the difference between oldest and newest already... Newest OpenGL is like DirectX11 only other lanauage. So the hl1 and hl2 engine doesn't matter at all at this point.
From what I can gather, they didn't recreate HL1, but they did somehow change the files in one way or another, or at least the engine, or something, to support OpenGL 4, I think.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL2 isn't good for anything that's not a shooter for the most part.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
and the 20years arent that bad of a expectation....i say for sure that for the next 3 years we shouldnt expect anything! and in 3 years the mod dies and we get nothing.....like on all other mods which have been developing for so long
We had plenty of discussion on this. I think you should let it rest, lest some... accident happen. We wouldn't want that, now would we?

This thread was about shifting development to the Source Engine. Let's keep it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom