HL2 Source code - Stolen!?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, some of you might of heard about this already, but for the people who don't know, this is what's up.

The Half-Life 2 source code has been taken!

From what i've been hearing (#esf) is that, this is pretty much the full HL2 engine. None of the art was taken with this, so it's all just a bunch of code. Still, people can go ahead and make cheats/hacks/scripts for this game that still doesn't have a final release date. The people who have this "souce code" can go ahead and make their own version of HL2. Art wise, the engine will obviously remain the same, I don't know if people can change it and mess around with it. Then again, i'm just listing what i've heard.

If you happen to know who took the source code, PM an administrator, or someone of a high rank.

If you know more info on the situation, feel free to post. Who knows what Valve is going to do next. They might just have to delay HL2 once again! :\

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well looks like we won't see half-life 2 for another couple of years........go figure

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no if u have information dont tell us tell valve at [email protected]

and i personaly dont think this effects a whole lot i mean they got a month old copy of the engine and no art so even if people did make cheats theyd have no way to test them with out making elaborate maps and models and so on to test all this stuff on

Best answers
Dam Hibiki you got 7200 posts.. I didn't even notice that..

yeah but it'll be funny to see a Boot Leg HL2 on the streets.. i'll buy it to see what it is... its gonna be funny and why wasn't the source heavily protected by snarks?? :]

Best answers
im forced to agree, what are they gonna do with it? No way to test what cheats and junk they make till the game comes out!
Ps: Dyam Epedemic_Optikz, whos the girl in your Sig? lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) This was done to see if they could do it, not because they want the game that bad.

2) They knew they couldn't play the game if they had the source code. They do not have the models, sprites, maps, and other vital requirements to play it.

3) HL2 will not get delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom