HL2 Ep2 Delayed Again

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope they used that "ZOMGS WE GOT HAX BAD DEY STILL OUR BETA LOLZ AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER" excuse. I'm tired of these delayed games seriously. It's not worth waiting for. =_-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Seriously. Anyone remember when TF2 looked like this;

Seven years ago.
Yep, I do. Terrible by today's standards at least.
Sub said:
Episodic gaming has just failed in my books.
Seconded, HL2 EP1 was so dam short. They should of just combined all the eps into one game, then it'd be a longer more enjoyable product the just taking about 6 or so hours to finish.
Lith said:
I hope they used that "ZOMGS WE GOT HAX BAD DEY STILL OUR BETA LOLZ AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER AIMBOT HACKER" excuse. I'm tired of these delayed games seriously. It's not worth waiting for. =_-
LAWL!!!

Best answers
Boo hoo, you have to wait for a game to be released. Don't see the problem really just... wait till it's out? Quit whining, it won't get you anywhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but dude, this is Valve. It's not as if they have a lot of other things on their plate.

It took these dudes like 2 years to do ONE LEVEL WITH HDR LIGHTING...and I didn't even think the HDR lighting was very impressive, anyway; all the textures still looked like crap.

I was never one for "episodic gaming" -- in the end it's just a damn map pack...REAL companies, for whom making maps is not difficult, have released huge compilations of many, many more features for the same price or lower, even free.

People have been waiting for Team Fortress 2 for...god...seven years now, isn't it? I think they have every right to be pissed.

I dunno, I just always find myself further disgusted with Valve's business practices. In the end these episodes will have probably sucked more than triple the profit of a normal expansion pack for 1/3 the effort.

We can only expect so much from the man who gave us Steam...

After they won that lawsuit and had open steam-based distribution rights, they now no longer have to answer to their publishers like other companies do (cough cough EA developers cough cough). Which means that if Gabe doesn't feel like going to work for a month, no work gets done and it doesn't matter because when it DOES get done it will give them nearly full profits because of Steam making them immensely richer than most gaming companies.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah but dude, this is Valve. It's not as if they have a lot of other things on their plate.

It took these dudes like 2 years to do ONE LEVEL WITH HDR LIGHTING...and I didn't even think the HDR lighting was very impressive, anyway; all the textures still looked like crap.

I was never one for "episodic gaming" -- in the end it's just a damn map pack...REAL companies, for whom making maps is not difficult, have released huge compilations of many, many more features for the same price or lower, even free.

People have been waiting for Team Fortress 2 for...god...seven years now, isn't it? I think they have every right to be pissed.

I dunno, I just always find myself further disgusted with Valve's business practices. In the end these episodes will have probably sucked more than triple the profit of a normal expansion pack for 1/3 the effort.

We can only expect so much from the man who gave us Steam...

After they won that lawsuit and had open steam-based distribution rights, they now no longer have to answer to their publishers like other companies do (cough cough EA developers cough cough). Which means that if Gabe doesn't feel like going to work for a month, no work gets done and it doesn't matter because when it DOES get done it will give them nearly full profits because of Steam making them immensely richer than most gaming companies.
Especially when you consider that Valve doesn't give refunds, even on pre-orders, unless they want to (it's part of your ToS).

Valve are nearly the slimiest game developers (of course, these titles actually go to Midway and EA), the only difference is, they're not buying out, or purchasing exclusive licenses out from other companies.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Wow, just WOW. Please tell me when you have to port 2 Episodes, TF2, and Portal to the 360, then work on the PC version of Episode 2, TF2, and Portal. Then help EA with materials as they port said 2 Episodes, HL2 RETAIL, TF2, and Portal to the PS3. Not a lot of things on their plate? LOL

Sandstorm said:
Especially when you consider that Valve doesn't give refunds, even on pre-orders, unless they want to (it's part of your ToS).
Every single person that has posted a ticket for Steam support has gotten a refund(when they asked for one). Lets not throw things out there without actually researching things first, kthx. If you don't believe me, go to the Steam User Forums and ask they have given many refunds.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree with Lost Coast not looking good, it's easily one of the better programs to beat it's way through my X1900XT, and it is truly stunning. However, I do agree that a year to design that level is poor management at best. Valve does take extended liberties with their dev cycles, but I've always felt that I'm getting higher quality product that easily updates itself often. Steam, I have a love/hate relationship with that distro method, there are a few things that annoy me, but buying things off of steam has always been rediculously painless and quick. I pity the people who bought the boxed HL2, and waited days for it to be validated, just as I pity the people who can't configure port forwarding for steam.

TF2 has been rediculous though, I've played TF since it's Quake 1 days, and I'm more than a little dissapointed at the delays. To be honest, I don't think I'll care when it comes out.

As for EA, I can't play my BF2142 for more than a few minutes since the last patch. Glad I invested $50 in it. I refuse to buy anything for the PC from Ubi Soft since they were the biggest backers of Starforce. When starforce dissapears from their lineup completely, I will buy those games if I feel so inclined. (As of this writing, it appears that they will no longer be supporting it, but we shall see.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom