Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Neither

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
HL and Q3 both have dragonballz mods for the programs, in my opinion neither are better than each other, or at least to some point. The BFP(DragonBallz) for Q3, is good, i've played it, it has 6 different chars, that has powers and abillities like in DBZ, but the chars don't even look like dbz due to some legal confusion, I don't know the details. BFP has not very good powerstruggles, mediocre transformations to what they call super mode or something like that, lame teleporting, and no dragonballs or anything of the sort, but still the graphics look very good, thats a characteristic that ESF could use.
ESF on the other has just about everything! Dragonballs, scouters, acending and descending from transformations(which everybody has includin krillin) good powerstruggles, O.k models and animations, ect... If HL and Q3 were to sort of merge systems, ESF would one of the best games you could get anywhere. I don't how it could every be orchistrated, merging to systems and all, but if it every were to happen, i would be unbeatable.:)

Best answers
I think you have watched to much dbz, fusing 2 games, pfff. :p

Best answers
lol i like HL because Q3 is based on another anime series and they call it a DBZ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You cannot fuse to games, also ESF will not be changing engines, also ESF animations, models and graphics are top grade, seeing them first hand you will be shocked.

BrunO

Scruffie

S
Their models may be top grade but they could be a helluva lot better.

I personally think their skills are wasted on HL. If they were to change to a better engine, they cuold get even better quality models, animation etc.

I don't like half life. :D

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Well..
it's not your call, is it?

You're welcome to your opinion..
But, like arseholes, everybody has one.
It doesn't mean you have to air it in public.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people just don't know how to be satisfied with a great thing -_-

Best answers
It makes sense to develop it on HL - just compare how many people are playing Q3 with how many are playing HL. Gamespy stats show that HL is waaaaaaaaay in the lead. And the bigger the potential audience, the better. Add to that the fact that you'd be surprised with what people can squeeze out of an engine. You should check out the (outdated) Vegetta super saiyan video in the archives, the gfx on that are awesome.

Best answers
laso everybody thinks hl is a bad engine, but guess what nightfire is based on (james bond game) , advanced hl engine of course and it looks damn great, but a ***** to run

Best answers
why do u hate hl??

i think it is a great game, and not everybody has a athlon 2200 or pentium 4. i dont think they wasted their skills on hl. i play hl 4 years now, and will play it even more. until hl 2 but who knows if it will be there. maybe valve will improve the engine of hl so it can compare with other shooters.

but when i see ns and esf, hl rally, then i think it doesnt look ****. it looks quite good. better than commercial games.

and i still play tetris - because it makes fun. gameplay fun is not based on graphical goodness - it is in the head of the guy.

Best answers
Half Life is still the most played online game (well the mod of Half-Life called Counter-Strike that is). And there's no good DBZ mod for HL yet imo.

Best answers
There is one distinct advantage to the Half-Life engine that no other engine has. Valve hands out the source code and resources to modmakers who make good mods, to sell their game, or at least modify the engine. iD won't be releasing the Q3 engine under the GPL for a while I can bet. So until then you won't be able to get it, and wherass Valve will not only give source code now, they can also theoretically provide a platform to sell your game. Just look at the boxes of Counterstrike, or The Gunman Chronicles, that line shelves at your local Best Buy or Comp USA (they at least do out here).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that's true, and even great for a totally original project, but somehow I don't think that funimation is going to let esf come out pc, (unless they finally decided to put a smart person into the ceo's chair).

Back on topic:
You can't merge to completely different platforms, because . . . well, just because. Q3 and HL are just to far apart.

If you're talking about the merging of gameplay ideas with the stunning graphics of bfp (which is a relative term), then yes, that is possible in time. The ESF team is already doing this, as we'll all be able to see come 5 hours . . .

Best answers
BFP was poorly made from the beginning. I've seen all three RCs and the released non-DBZ version. ESF on the other hand, interests me because they appear to be doing things the right way. Actually balancing out characters the proper way. Instead of giving the characters the same attacks and stats like BFP did, ESF seems to be making each character have unique strengths and weaknesses that interlock. All BFP had was one thing going for it, good publicity. Which in the end, led to the mod's demise in a sense. Since they were foxed.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A merge would be totally impossible for innumerable reasons. You'd have to redo everything as Q3 has more options for models and maps, and I don't know if the code would be portable at all. Beyond that, it'd get foxed really damn quick on the Q3 engine. Last i heard valve has some copyright protection for its mods. Furthermore, Q3 doesn't have nearly the fan base and it has more stringent Sys reqs so a lot of ppl would not be able to play worth beans. Not to mention having to buy a whole new game.

Once a mod has started on an engine, it should stick to it because engine hopping is a real *****. And if they did switch engines, Q3 is hardly the ideal engine. UT2k3 would probably be the best bet, but they'd probably do better to wait or Doom III or Quake 4.

-Karrde-

Scruffie

S
A lot of mods are using a modified Q2 engine.

What can I say, the only way I see ESF getting any better is by switching engines. They have pushed HL to the limit THE LIMIT meaning they can't go much further with it. They need a good engine to (forgive the pun) drive them down the road to glory.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, I wish HL could make maps like those on Tribes or Tribes 2. Those things are HUGE. Be nice for a DBZ game.

Best answers
Originally posted by Scruffie
A lot of mods are using a modified Q2 engine.

What can I say, the only way I see ESF getting any better is by switching engines. They have pushed HL to the limit THE LIMIT meaning they can't go much further with it. They need a good engine to (forgive the pun) drive them down the road to glory.

Then ask them to contact valve about the Half-Life source code. Realistically, porting a mod's code/models/maps/etc from one limited engine to another limited engine just sounds like too much hassle to realistically be done. However if they got the source code to Half-Life, then they can keep their existing code and simply change the engine it runs on, to better suit their needs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
esf isnt gonna move...

end of story

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom