HighSchool?

Best answers
Well first off im gonna be a sophmore in may and i hafta pick my classes and im wondering which is better to use with making games an stuff and ive heard bout alot of classes but the most ive heard of is c++ and grpahic design/drafting my interests are to learn how to code and model so i'd like to take one that wud help[ me the most.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i wouldnt buy any games u make ............:S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you have given us no indication of what is available at your college/school.

Imo I think anything computer related will help. I doubt there are many courses your school/college can offer than will help you greatly though.

Wait until university and look out for a programming hnd or degree, if thats what you really want to do.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Best answers
fm ur *** and its a really nice highschool atually with bout 30 comp classes but the only ones ive heard that are good are c++ ect all those above

Best answers
Get your parents to get you alot of production and graphics software(unless you can afford it, it can be a bday gift)

And PRACTICE, 65-80 percent of everything you learn is by experiencing it. So get some software and start skinning/modling/coding. Whatever you want.

I have a Computer Science BcD from a 4 year college, and I can speak from my own experience. I taught myself to code in c/c++ and dozens of other languages just by playing around with the code and stuff from existing programs. Have fun and you'll enjoy yourself and what you're learning. Trust me, otherwise you'll burn out from all the study and never want to code again.

The classes are just there to focus your knowledge and prove your skill, go and pick the coding courses with some background in logic math(NOT Calculus, that does jack for you until later on).

The classes that most bored me were those damn Logic Math and programming math classes. Ergh. In, Out tables AND/OR/NOR logic, ahahahahahahaah*crazy dance*

Good luck.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Wyatt
Well first off im gonna be a sophmore in may and i hafta pick my classes and im wondering which is better to use with making games an stuff and ive heard bout alot of classes but the most ive heard of is c++ and grpahic design/drafting my interests are to learn how to code and model so i'd like to take one that wud help[ me the most.
take C++ as i've found that graphic design/drafting type stuff is easier to learn on your own than C++

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i guess it all depends on which aspect of game designing u like more

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
best way 2 learn something like modelling or 2d etc.. is to practise and learn it on ure own. I went 2 a 2d class.. was ***.. learned more by screwin round with stuff on my lonesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom