Hey yea i need help

Best answers
Its pissing me off each time i get really into a game the game closes in the middle of a fight its a brand new computer and everything can somone help me?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You aren't playing in software video mode, are you? If so, switch to OpenGL, that'll take care of things if that is your problem.

Best answers
Ok ill try open gl but it happened like at random times with differnent things going on it wasnt one specific thing somtimes id be in a game for a min and it happen half hour hour 15 minutes its weird its in open gl already

EDit: like i said it just closes like no time wating just closes no freezing and also i got a really good video card to so i dont know why its happening

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Make sure you're on open gl mode
2) try setting cl_dusttrails to 0 ( usualy just improves performance )
3) If you're desperate you can try cl_fxquality 0

I'm not too sure though, ESF B1.1 seems to quit to the desktop... Maybe someone else here has a fix for it :)

Best answers
hmm cl_dusttrails me dont know about that lol i need more programming skills i rarly now **** because when i find i bug id like to fix it myself and stop having it bother me lol but sigh i cant o well

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, if you could program it wouldnt really matter, since you dont have access to the code. cl_dusttrails is just a cvar, disables the big dust waves when you swoop w/ melee.

Best answers
oh no cant be that either like i said this comp is a really really nice one and can do pretty much anything so i dont know why it does that the graphics card is a 128mb and i got a 2,8 ghz with 800 fsb and two 512 ddr 400s so its confusing me why it would do this and programming also like so i knwo what some of the stuff means lol i know some but not enough

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, then i have no clue :) I havn't really ran across that problem too often.

Best answers
Lucky you it ticks me off cause its like yes im owning than next thing you know it closes and your like nooo damnit start again and then happens sooner than later so itts like mumble mumble burn mumble

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could be connection. Go to a inter net site checking yrou connection. (perpfabally non-comercial). (cause i ahve a 512 DSL line that barely gets 2**)(Put numbers where the ** is)
My server can randomally kick ppl cause I use linksys firewall.
Or just coudl be not fast enough hard drive. Ex: I got a 120 Gig hard drive with an 8meg buffer, a 512 mempory ddr, and ATI Radeon all-in-wonder 8500. I have no problems at all unless i am logging to my own server. I get "Illegial User message" in my console.
It could also be in your half-life programing. I once knew a guy that it did this to and he just reinstalled.

Best answers
Beats me than cause i got the same card as you the 128mb one and then twice your ram its even when i make my own game itll close

Best answers
I think I have a similar problem. Occasionally when I'm in a ESF game, whether I created it or not, I hear like the sound when you get a pop up saying "This program has committed an illegal operation and will be shut down." and then my screen just freezes, so I have to restart my computer. I don't really get it, so I dunno...:(

-Dante

Best answers
THis happens to me to, all of a sudden my esf just crashes, it never happened before i formated my comp, now it just crashes straight to desktop, which pisses me off.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one knows the reason. Its probally a logic reason that not even the ESF team can see. Its probally just a bit too much for the Half-Life system. Its probally jsut a windows messing with you. Probally some hacker that said hey lets make this guys half-life wiht a illegial notice at these reandom times. It could be ANY number of things. We just have to deal with it.

Best answers
man...its so annoying tho...cuz it mainly happens when i create a game. i hope someone finds out what's causing it soon...cuz whenever it happens, it convinces me not to create any games for at least a week...:(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.bandwidthplace.com <-- this is a site for checking the bandwidth from the PC you're browsing the site

for the subject of this thread (to Stewy):
have you overclocked CPU or GPU ??? I tried it once ... it worked fine ... but it wasn't the best to test ESF in 1600*1200 with my GF2Ti ... I was lucky ... it just freezed ... it survived both times ;)
I put the frequenzy to normal Hz and play ESF now in 1024*768 to get a smooth gaming

Best answers
Hmm not just standard and its a good computer with nothing but good **** and its always playing smoothly just it goes right to the desktop with no thinking like yea im winning and kicking ass or something than close... x.x its not over clocked the people that put our mother board in made sure cause if we change it and it fries than its our fault not theirs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you sure that it's just ESF ???
does it happen to other mods to ???
does it happen with other games than HL ???
does it happen in other applications ???
does it happen in windows ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom