Help?

Discord Member
Best answers
I can't get ESF to run anymore. I get the error [client.dll](or whatever) differs from the servers. And it started happening after I tried to get the new openbeta. It worked fine with the first openbeta, but then it started messing up when I tried to get the newest open beta.

Best answers
did you install the newer release in the exact same folder? should be:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME HERE\half-life\esf_openbeta

this happens when the releases don't match

Discord Member
Best answers
I don't understand? It has no .exe file? So how can I make it start as openbeta?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand? It has no .exe file? So how can I make it start as openbeta?
When you download the latest version of the open beta, it should come in a .rar file. Just extract the contents of the .rar file to a new folder in your Half-Life folder.

Discord Member
Best answers
I did that, but I still have my old ESF folder, do I delete it? When I start it just starts old ESF.

Mog

Best answers
You might be getting that error because the server is using an older/newer version of the Open Beta than the one you have.
Even if you have the latest version, you still won't be able to play on a server which uses an older version.

Discord Member
Best answers
How do I know which servers are new? I have been trying to get this to work for a week with no luck. :(

Discord Member
Best answers
Okay, I have got ESF open beta running, can someone see if my server is in the list? ESF Open Beta is the name. I can get the game running, but I can never get in open beta with other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom