Help

Best answers
Ok so ive been using ms3d for a few years now and i keep reading that u should use gmax or wings or something that is more powerfull. So i went and got gmax and started it up and got really mad cause i couldnt even make a flippin poly. Now i know what all you mods are think well just google a tutorial or go to girs one but that still didnt help becuase most of the tutorials expect you to know a bunch about the program or are not very helpfull with explaining things.

So i was wondering if someone could please take their time to help me through this tough stage. Or possibly direct me to a good tutorial.

pm me or contact me on aol

Ty in advance

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my tutorial expects you to actually no nothing about the program. so read it >_>

Best answers
i did but there are differences between gmax and 3dsmax i tried it and it was very frustrating. for example i tried to get the referance on to the plane and it did not work i followed your tutorial step by step and it did not work
another example when u mirror the cylinder there is no transparent one, they are both solid.
Im not trying to be rude im just showing you that there is a differenc and u cant use a 3dsmax tutorial wiht gmax

well the reference does show up but it only shows up in the perspective view.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Styer101 said:
i did but there are differences between gmax and 3dsmax i tried it and it was very frustrating. for example i tried to get the referance on to the plane and it did not work i followed your tutorial step by step and it did not work
another example when u mirror the cylinder there is no transparent one, they are both solid.
Im not trying to be rude im just showing you that there is a differenc and u cant use a 3dsmax tutorial wiht gmax

well the reference does show up but it only shows up in the perspective view.
Almighty_gir said:
Now,we have our planes set up with the images on them as referances, in the create standard primitives section, create a new cylinder with 8 sides, and 5 hight segments. Hit ALT+X to make the cylinder transparrent, then scale and position to roughly fit the referance, as shown.
http://img111.exs.cx/img111/1482/69mt.jpg
it tells you right there how to do it.

Best answers
yea i know i worked on it again and i dont know what was different but that worked but i still cant get the reference on the plane so if u have any ideas about that please help. cuase i have to edit the cylindar and make sure it looks ok in the perspective and it would be easiar if i coudl get it on the planes i make.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
click and drag the material from the material editor onto the plane

Best answers
nope didnt work just does the same thing it always does.. gives me a gray plane here take a look

srry about the size was in a hurry

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heres an idea, go back to ms3d

Best answers
um no thx i would rather move on to more powerfull programs than just get left behind in the dust plus i heard u can get models done alot faster cause than u would in ms3d

Force Pit Member
Best answers
thats because you are using the wrong program, Gmax is like 3dsm, better suited for box modeling, if you want an amazing poly by poyl program i suggest lightwave.

Best answers
is 3ds Max also about box or is it a split? cause idk which i prefer cause i used ms3d for a while wich i used poly by poly

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer lightwave, I guess the poly modeling is kinda like ms3d but I prefer LW :D

Best answers
i use 3dsm and i am quite happy with it. you will learn that there are more methods that you can use other than poly by poly which give you faster results. i say stay with gmax and try and do girs tut or download the gmax tutorial files...it took me awhile before i could finally familarized myself with gmax before i moved onto max :) good luck

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the arm part of my tutorial actually teaches poly by poly >_>

Best answers
ok this thread can be closed I figured it out wiht the help of gir on aim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom