Help!

Best answers
Hello.

So everytime I engage in melee combat, the screen shakes, everything messes up, ect. I searched through the board and found others who had the same problem- one solution was to switch to openGL.

But once I did that, I tried to start a game, then it took me to a screen, black background that said "Multiplayer" at the top, with multiplayer options. It froze, except I could move my mouse around but couldn't click on anything. This never happened until I switched to opengl to try and correct the melee problem (with pretty much makes the game un-playable because it's so messed up right now). Please help.
(I'd like to post a picture to give you a better idea but my host isn't cooperating.) :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tried using direct3d?
Also what graphics card are you using?

May I also say congratulations for searching before posting? :)

Best answers
Thank you. Hm, how strange. It seems there's an icon called Team Fortress 1.5 (must be a mod for Half Life). I was clicking on that, and activating ESF from there, rather than activating it from Half Life... I didn't think it would make a difference, but apparently it has!
I went into my Half Life folder and started the game normally, and activated ESF from there... Worked fine with OpenGL. Everything moves smoothly, I can see auras I didn't see before, wow! Great freakin' game.

About the topic... Well, I guess the problem's solved! Heh... whoops.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No worries :)

At least it's sorted :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom