Help with making a server for my friend and me...

Best answers
Okay, so my friend and I have had Half-Life sitting around for a while, and we came across this mod. And everything's good, and we really like it, but we want to host our own server that both of us can play on. We've tried with the "Create Server" option, but that doesn't seem to be working because we cannot see eachother's server in the Game List.

We are both running:
EXC RC2
Big Pack 8.4
AF Goku/Vegeta/Gogeta

if anyone could provide help, I'm all open.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If either of you are behind a router, then one of you needs to forward it's ports (whoever is hosting).

Go to this site - http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Go through the list of router models, find yours (or whoever is going to host) and click on the link. Now, you'll be on a page with a list of games, applications, etcetera. Look for "Half Life Steam", click the link and follow the instructions.

Best answers
-

Sorry for double posting (if that's a rule) but, I did foward a port, but my friend says he still can't see mine in the Server List. All I want is for me to start a server that we can both play on, prefebly with bots... but just my own server. Any help?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/cracks knuckles

alrighty. so you forwarded ports and such, the 27015, correct?

Are you lanning or over the internet?

Best answers
-

Yes, after you posted the 27015 thing, I looked back and realized I was supposed to make a HLS port foward. Now, it works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom