Help with disabling dynamic lighting

Best answers
First I would like to say what an outstanding modification esforces has become and is one of my fave hl mods. It’s so addictive isn't it?

This is really a general half-life question but since the problem mostly occurs in this mod I thought you may be more familiar.
Ok my Intel 810e graphics card really does not like dynamic lighting. The problem is i have tried disabling dynamic lighting and yes it worked but only in single player. Is it possible to disable this feature in an online game or a lan game?
This is really bugging me since this means I cannot see esforces true potential from all the lag.
And yes I have typed r_dynamic 0 into the console yet still only works in single player.
Also I have tried loading a map manually from the console and it did work but there is still one bleedn problem. Manually loading a map does not load all the entities required for esforces to work.
If so could please explain how.
Please please please help me.
Help would gladly appreciated.
Thank you

Best answers
lol i got the same graphics card but don't have that problem

try adding this line next to your ESF shortcut: -16bpp

it helped me with both ESF and Natural Selection.As for the entity problems.....I don not have a clue

Best answers
Originally posted by VegetaBlaZe
lightning whattt??
:S It's dynamic lighting aka super flashy lighting like let's say a kiblast going across a path.Light appears around it and lights up some stuff ok?

16bpp reduces colors so dynamic lighting is less flashy,and try using your autoexec.cfg,I think it came with an auto r_dynamic 0 setting

Best answers
lol I know! I posted this thread in this section because i am no n00b.
I think r_ commands are disabled on internet games.
Is there any way of enabling this?
There must be some way because this is just ridicules.
lol Please! help!
I have tried everywhere. I have even tried contacting sierra yet i've had no reply.
There must be somebody who can help.
I mean how hard is it to just disable one little thing.
Damn you sierra! lol

Best answers
r_commands not working?!OMG that IS serious(to us Intel Graphicers....)

try typing them in the main console when you start ESF,the Main Menu to be exact.That might help since gamma commands don't work ingame aswell....but I'm not sure if I it can work so try

Best answers
Hmmmmmmmmm......... Just tried it yet still this does not work.
lol nooooooooooooooooooo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom