Help with a few things

Best answers
OK, a few questions:

1: How do I make the graphics quality increase? I can't find any options that help with that, can someone direct me to them?

2: I turn the music volume completely down to 0, and it plays at the same volume anyways. Why?

3: First time I play to test it out on my comp, I got sound effects. Explosions, voices, etc. Now there are no voices or sound effects.

EDIT: Also, How do you turn off the FPS readings on the bottom right?

EDIT#2: Does anyone know how to download 1.1.1.0 manually? It won't dowload it automatically, it says my 1.1.0.8 is "up to date".

I really would like some help on these.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1: in the console type "cl_fxquality 3" (3 is the highest and 1 is the lowest)
2: If you're talking about winamp volume or any player like that, the volume for those programs are seperate from your main volume.
3: If you alt tab out of the game you lose sound, if you just lost it normally i advise you to either set your sound settings to default, or update your soundcard.
4: type "net_graph 0" in the console
5: http://half-life.sierra.com/ You'll find the patches there.

Best answers
Here's another: How do I turn off the music? Not the sound effects/voices, just the music.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
1: in the console type "cl_fxquality 3" (3 is the highest and 1 is the lowest)
0 is the lowest ;) this disables the fx

turn off the music ...
esf has only mp3s as music ... goto esf\mp3\ and use the playlisteditor to edit the plalist ... clear the list and save it ... then you won't hear music during playing

to mute it:
open config.cfg in esf-dir with notepad and search sound/ music/ volume ... edit these entries like you think (0 = off; 0.5 = silent; 1 = full; >1 = DA POWER)
ps: there's a "mp3volume" I think you're talking about this entry

PPS: beam quality is editable in Costumize-> Advanced (If I'm not wrong)
if not I'll report when I arrived at home ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bah, darn you Nretep, [VEGETA] YOU CORRECTED ME LIKE I WAS A HELPLESS CHILD! YOU HAVE STOLEN MY HONOR, AND YOUR DUE'S MUST BE PAID!!!!!!![/VEGETA] *COugh* sorry about that.

you can also press F8 and press the stop button to stop the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom