Help WinXP driver

Best answers
*sigh* im really not enjoying this. First my computer fries killing years of artwork(original totally mine), architecture designs(mine too),Mechanical deisgns(including a plane that i was supposed to send to the boeing company... there goes that dream),and a bunch of other stuff like gigs and gigs of music.

OK well heres the point. Now that i built a frankenstein computer out of a bunch of parts and i put win xp on it im up and running again. The problem is that i have a philips seismic edge sound card PSC705 is its like id number or something. Well win xp didnt have a driver for it and it wouldnt take the ones that came with it cause win xp is a *****... So i looked for XP drivers for my sound card online.. I found like two one of them was an older version of thefirst one i found.. both claiming to be for xp but xp did not want to install em and would not let me in anyway.

Any ideas!?
Please help cause without music i suffocate!
*turns blueish purple*

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should buy a new soundcard, you can't hope for new drivers to appear. I had to let go of my $200 Aureal Vortex 2, which IMO, still pwns some new cards. But it was time for it to retire, XP support was shaky at best. It lost all it's edge and features.

Best answers
ok well i found the drivers...
they werent signed or what ever i installed em anyways and it works fine

ummm i just got a new prob though i was experimenting with that skin stuff for windwos and now everything is black except for icons and this website. Only some text is readable im trying to undo the theme and put it back to normal but its not really cooperating i dont want to reinstall win xp cause i have a research paper i just wrote in here and i have to turn it in tommorow... and that kind of excuse isnt a great one.

EDIT: ok well i fixed that problem by restoring the computer back one day but now im soundless again and i tried installing the sound same way and it didnt work somehow so now im ticked off but at least i didnt loose my new work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom