HELP no openGL

The Doctor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
ok here what was not right i was playing the game in OpenGL mode and i quit and reset my computer and i tryed to play it and My vid card dont supp that mode and i tryed ever thing plz help me

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your video card im guessing is on board. If your running a dell its then a little savage card. It won't support opengl because its not a gamers card simple enough. If the game is on the Q3 engine or something and requires opengl to run than your screwed. If its like halflife and you can choose betweeen opengl and direct3d/direct draw then change it to direct3d.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pushed to help

also Warboy, you have 24 hours to remove that IP signature because it uses a Dynamic script which is against the forum AUP

The Doctor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
i do not have a DELL! but plz post help

rules :
no flamming
no spaming

Best answers
It doesn't matter if it's a DELL or not, you need a better graphics card to support the HL requirements. But untill you get a new graphics card, stick with the defaut.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you try to run the game in software mode, it'll shut down after a very short while ...
add "cl_fxquality 0" into your "autoexec.cfg" and you should be able to run ESF (laggy)
I really recommend ... spend $10 into a video card ... goto eBay and buy a GeForce2 MX ...
ESF won't survive in Software mode ... but I think nowadays you have to be able to run OpenGL

The Doctor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
ok i have a good video card and its a Ati Rage 128 it run openGl before and i need help not a better video card
note : i have run HL OpenGL before ,its my fav mode but it stop working

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
reinstall windows + service paks ... then reinstall your drivers (I had to do this once, too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom