help! it goes back to the desktop after it loads!

Best answers
ok ive activated ESF from counter-strike but then i also have a question.

i know that you said we cant use esf with a counter-strike cd key. but i was wondering if even if we did have "Half-Life Deathmatch" would we be able to load esf onto the mod anyway?? i installed ESF already and everything seems to be going smooth, but as soon as i create a LAN game and it loads, it just crashes right back into the desktop. i wonder why?? i played esf at a tournament place before and it doesnt require any steam to load at all, so i dont get it?? do i need a certain half-life version to play with ESF?? my ESF version is 1.2.1.

and if not is steam available with the Half-Life retail?? i will have to buy half-life retail in order to play ESF instead of the CS retail right?? but the CS retail still have files like HL. i dont get it?? but thanks!! anything would help!

Much thanks!!!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
1), You are Required to have and to use Steam.
2), You are Required to activate a Half-Life serial through Steam Half-Life in order to play ESF.
3), We do not support any people not using Steam :p.

As you already know, Counter-Strike will not work with Earth's Special Forces, and if you already have a Half-Life key, you can simply use that with your Steam account. If not, buy another or a new copy in order to get a valid and legal key. So you can play Earth's Special Forces and many other mods.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, you could try upgrading to 1.2.3. The version you have now is old.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok ive activated ESF from counter-strike but then i also have a question.

i know that you said we cant use esf with a counter-strike cd key. but i was wondering if even if we did have "Half-Life Deathmatch" would we be able to load esf onto the mod anyway?? i installed ESF already and everything seems to be going smooth, but as soon as i create a LAN game and it loads, it just crashes right back into the desktop. i wonder why?? i played esf at a tournament place before and it doesnt require any steam to load at all, so i dont get it?? do i need a certain half-life version to play with ESF?? my ESF version is 1.2.1.

and if not is steam available with the Half-Life retail?? i will have to buy half-life retail in order to play ESF instead of the CS retail right?? but the CS retail still have files like HL. i dont get it?? but thanks!! anything would help!

Much thanks!!!
Say do you have your CS registered on STEAM. If yes can you also tell me wich games you can download from STEAM?

And STEAM itself is free. Just download it at www.steampowered.com than register your CD-key.

Best answers
actually thanks for the help everyone. i was a bit worried that this forum MIGHT be dead since this game is sort of old(not really). but then forreal its a fun game haha. thanks for all the hard work and im looking forward to the next beta release.

oh and one more thing to the esf team. you all should be hired to create a DragonballZ game similar like this for the PS3. the only dbz game i know thats closest to this style of gameplay is DBZ Tenkaichi 2. I should give you all a round of applause!
*CLAPS*

thanks!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cannot allocat more than 128 HUD sprites is the error that jumps out when I play a while! Tell me what to do?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1), You are Required to have and to use Steam.
2), You are Required to activate a Half-Life serial through Steam Half-Life in order to play ESF.
3), We do not support any people not using Steam :p.

As you already know, Counter-Strike will not work with Earth's Special Forces, and if you already have a Half-Life key, you can simply use that with your Steam account. If not, buy another or a new copy in order to get a valid and legal key. So you can play Earth's Special Forces and many other mods.
Try this HL CD key : *****POSTING HL CD KEYS IS UNACCEPTABLE!******

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lukyas, keep your own question to your own thread. That goes for every other thread you've posted in with this same question. As well, I don't know how you got that particular HL CD Key, but giving them out isn't supported here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom